Author Topic: What do you want in the rest of War in Heaven?  (Read 190153 times)

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
Re: What do you want in the rest of War in Heaven?
Capital03-03 looks quite odd, so does hellheim01a. But this is my personal feeling
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Well, we like how it looks, so consider yourself outvoted.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I'm open to the possibility that there are more awesome alternatives, but it's probably too late to make a significant change now.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
check this track out. I was looking aa videos for the 300 spartan movie and this song stuck. the instrumental could make a real nice soundtrack for a do or die mission (a "come and get them" type mission).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6coXoaVsprc
That's from Halo 2. Blow me away from Martin O'Donnel and Michael Salvatori.
And I too don't think it really fits with WiH.

Blow Me Away is by Breaking Benjamin.  It was rearranged (if that) for Halo 2. :nervous:

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Whatever. It's Halo music, and although we are great fans of Martin O'Donnels' work on that series, we've sort of decided not to use any of it, since those tracks are, in my mind at least, far too heavily connected to Halo, and far too recognizable as "Halo music". I'd like nothing more than to use the Mjolnir mix, but that's not going to happen either....

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I'm all for non-affiliated tracks in part two. I don't like thinking "i know that, that's from x, y or z game'. I liked that about BP1 and 2p1, I didn't know any of the tracks and it felt like more part of the mod rather than stolen/borrowed from somewhere else. 

I'd like to see a bit more [redacted] in the next release if possible.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline -Norbert-

Blow Me Away is by Breaking Benjamin.  It was rearranged (if that) for Halo 2. :nervous:
Since the song was named "Blow Me Away [Performed By Breaking Benjamin]" I assumed it was composed by the two Halo composers and only performed by Breaking Benjamin. Didn't know they also composed the song themselfs and the Halo people just re-arranged/borrowed/whatever it.

Anyway apart from what's already said it's also too different from the current soundtrack to fit into WiH2 I think (or any BP for that matter). If any Halo music fits anywere in BP, then only into a cutscene of BP3, but that's a big if.

I didn't know any of the tracks
Just because you didn't know doesn't mean it didn't happen. The track "Razor battle" in AoA for example came from "Final Fantasy: Advent Children".

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Exile
I'm open to the possibility that there are more awesome alternatives, but it's probably too late to make a significant change now.
I agree with Kobrar, current textures are horrible. I hate that scheme - ugly and non FSish. I can do a few propositions of new schemes, but not now.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter

No. Any change in the way the new GTVA fleet looks will be vetoed. With fire, if necessary.

Reason being that the look that was established back in AoA is rather iconic, and the fact that the ships look rather different from the FS2-GTVA in terms of colour palette is a very good thing. At the same time, the new ships look connected enough that you can believe they were designed by the same design team, which is arguably something that even the FS2 fleet doesn't manage.

In addition, I like the steely blue ships we have. Going back to the green and bronze tones of the Hecate, or the green and grey of the Deimos, just feels wrong. If you wish to change those textures in your own mod, feel free. But I, for one, don't see why we should change perfection.

I do reserve the right to change my opinion if a suitably awesome alternative is presented.

Offline starlord

the inclusion of the blue tones in GTVA ships are IMO riming with the definition of the "next-gen" tech displayed in the raynor, titan and the like! the usual looking texture might give the ships a somewhat blend look!

also, since it was defined as a standard in AOA, I don't see what use there would be in changing it in WIH. the BP continuity has to stay coherent!

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
I agree with Kobrar, current textures are horrible. I hate that scheme - ugly and non FSish.
Sounds like a "haters gotta hate" situation to me.
If you can't stand the awesomeness of BP designs, shame on you mate.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline -Sara-

I agree with Kobrar, current textures are horrible. I hate that scheme - ugly and non FSish. I can do a few propositions of new schemes, but not now.

The ships are fine, very next-gen. Why make them more 'canon'? Don't tell me you dyed your Colossus lila as well to match the Orion?

« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 11:57:16 am by -Sara- »
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
That looks so ding-a-ling-a-ling hello!

Also, who do I have to kill to get that shadowing?
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Deadly in a Shadow

• Buntu!
Dear god no! The orion looks good in the lila way. I liked the blue/steele version in WiH too but a lila colossus....

I like the style of the fighters and big ships. When you encounter terran vessels in Blue Planet the first time you already see what's the next-gen stuff, I love this Style, really magnificent.

I can't understand why people hate this next-gen style? I mean, the ships are dark, gritty and awesome coloured like the good old ones, they are totally FSish

Spoiler:
But the UEF-ships are the beautifulness.
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
"Uh, Sir we can hear the explosion."
"No you can't, there is no air in space. Sound can't travel through a vacuum!"

Offline Infamus

I love the new scheme for the GTVA ships, and it works too:

the old ships used basic fusion reactors and green beam cannons and had the scheme to match.
now GTVA ships use very advanced fusion reactors and/or meson reactors and heft blue beam cannons which are obviously more powerful than the old ones. the blue-ish scheme is a excellent replacement from the old one. it is very fitting for the GTVA's tech level; it really makes the ships boastful of what firepower/armor/technology they are packing.

I mean, come on; if you have the stuff why not light up the room like a freaking Christmas tree? and still having that grity apperance makes them look like they mean buisness.

seriously, stop blamming the new stuff. some change is good.\

also the lila scheme would only be good for a royalty or luxury ship, or something flown by a chick. royalty however might want to fly something with a Tyrian-schemed paint-job.

(yes Tyrian is an actual color and color group too. it is also known as Royal or Imperial Purple and comes in many shades. extracted from sea-shells)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrian_purple
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 04:35:44 pm by Infamus »
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH
BARRA
BARRA
BARRA CUDA
yeah

Offline -Sara-

The lila scheme was a joke, since the Orion is lila and Betrayal was of opinion ships should look more canon.. I do hope you get that, Infamus. :P Yes I love the next-gen look also, it gives BP it's own unique feel, unlike many mods using terracotta and navy grey textures.
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

That Colossus just looks positively faaabulous.

I really like the next-gen GTVA ship look, and I don't see how it's "non FS-ish". The FS2 generation of ships looked vastly different from FS1, compare the Hecate to the Orion, or the Hatshepsut to the Typhon - they look completely different from their predecessors.

And the colour scheme really seems logical as has been pointed out. The blue and metallic is fitting for the new generator energy output and beams.

Offline starlord

I guess that could be an effect of vasudan and terran designs mixing up: the hecate is no longer a utilitarian box like the orion...

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
The Hapshepsut is still more sane than the Hecate's superstructure obsession. hell, the Typhon is.

I think the Hecate was some design student's orgasm.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Infamus

I know really, the first time I saw the fighter bay... well, it was kinda like this:  :wtf:
how does anything fit in there?
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH
BARRA
BARRA
BARRA CUDA
yeah