Author Topic: United States Congresswoman Shot  (Read 17824 times)

Offline Locutus of Borg

• Who counted those posts?????????????
United States Congresswoman Shot
(CNN) -- At least 12 people were shot at a Tucson grocery store on Saturday, and U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was among them, a Democratic party source told CNN.

Giffords, 40, was holding a constituent meeting at the grocery store when the shooting occurred, according to a schedule posted on her website.

CNN could not confirm conditions for Giffords or any of the others wounded, but the Tuscon Citizen newspaper was reporting that Giffords was shot in the head.

The Democratic source described the situation as "pretty serious,"

The shooting occurred at a Safeway shortly after 10 a.m. MST, according to sheriff's spokesman Deputy Jason Ogan.
Several shot at Tuscon grocery store

Pictures from the scene showed a Giffords banner hanging from the storefront.

At least two victims with gunshot wounds were transported at Northwest Medical Center, according to spokesman Richard Parker.

"They've been coming in the last 10 minutes. I'm not sure of the severity of their injuries," he said.

Ogan said he did not have conditions on any of the wounded and said the motive for the shooting is unclear.

"We're just trying to sort this out right now," he said.

An employee of a nearby business, Jason Pekau, told CNN that he heard "15 to 20 gunshots."

Giffords, a Democrat, was first elected in 2006. She has served as chairwoman of the House Space and Aeronautics Subcommittee and also holds seats on the House Science and Technology and Armed Services committees.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/08/arizona.shooting/?hpt=T2
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 01:48:21 pm by Locutus of Borg »
We are the Borg
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own

Resistance is FUTILE

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
Re: United States Congresswoman shot and killed
The Democratic source described the situation as "pretty serious,"

interesting

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Freespacemods.net
I wonder what the assailant's motive was. I guess we'll find out later.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
Damnit. She actually sounded like a decent politician. Who thinks this was politically-motivated?

[Edit: punctuation. Bleh]
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 01:47:15 pm by IronBeer »
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I wonder what the assailant's motive was. I guess we'll find out later.

I'm calling it either Teapartier bull**** or the first action of The Latino Rising against the dumbass mother****ers who run that state.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Locutus of Borg

FOX news is now reporting that the Congresswoman is alive and in critical condition.
We are the Borg

Resistance is FUTILE

Offline iamzack

Re: United States Congresswoman Shot
ZOMBIE CONGRESSWOMAN
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Interesting.

I believe, if this turns out to be politically motivated, we as a people should be more focused on the fact that she was shot, as opposed to whether or not one side "did it". The headline, after all, reads "United States Congresswoman" - not "Democrat shot by X" or "Republican shot by Y".

Offline iamzack

Yeah, maybe if we couldn't pretty much expect it was some Tea Party Republican nutcase.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
iamzack, any more comments like that and I'll boot you from the thread. Facts and discussion, please refrain from inflammatory editorials like "nutcases", with the emphasis on the s.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 02:47:46 pm by Unknown Target »

Offline Locutus of Borg

We are the Borg

Resistance is FUTILE

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Locutus of Borg, is there something in particular you are attempting to say with that image?

Offline Kolgena

Whoa chill. What's the hostility for?

(also, I think it's pure coincidence that the guy who got shot is on that "hitlist")

Offline iamzack

iamzack, any more comments like that and I'll boot you from the thread. Facts and discussion, please refrain from inflammatory editorials like "nutcases", with the emphasis on the s.

Oh sorry, what do you call someone who shoots someone over politics? Patriot?

Offline Kolgena

Well, who knows if it's over politics? Could be some drugged up retard who felt like making a scene for all we know.

Offline Nemesis6

• Tongs
Oh sorry, what do you call someone who shoots someone over politics? Patriot?

The troops.

Anyway, if I have to go into wild guesses, my money is on one of those crazy libertarians.

Offline Kolgena

Or terrorists, in this case, since the target(s) was civilian.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Whoa chill. What's the hostility for?

(also, I think it's pure coincidence that the guy who got shot is on that "hitlist")

There's no hostility. If he posts an image he should actually say what he means by it. It's discussion etiquette.

iamzack, I call that person crazy. I don't say "Tea Party nutcases" - i.e. where you're implying that ALL Tea Party members are just as crazy as this man where they'll shoot a Senator. Perhaps you should examine the causes behind this, instead of just blaming everyone for one crazy person.

Kolgena; it may prove well to be for politics, though. But politics at a local level, unless you'd like to make the argument that this incident represents the national policy of the Tea Party.

Nemesis6: Same warning I said to iamzack goes to you.

Kolgena: That's an interesting argument, is this individual a "terrorist"? What if he proves to be white, Christian, and born in America? Are you willing to label them with the same title we label all of the usual "terrorist" steryeotypes?

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Freespacemods.net
Politics - Trolls trolling trolls. Seriously.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Kolgena

Terrorists can be white, or any race for that matter. People think they have to be middle eastern because of US media.