Author Topic: United States Congresswoman Shot  (Read 17683 times)

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Re: United States Congresswoman Shot
Takes longer to reload, though. In that case, I'd suggest a crossbow fitted with a bayonet.

Don't they make auto-crossbows?

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Since Sun Tzu

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Takes longer to reload, though. In that case, I'd suggest a crossbow fitted with a bayonet.

Takes even longer to reload a gun if you have no bullets. Remember that's where we entered this particular tangent. :p
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Good call, sir!

May I thus suggest a mechanical boxing glove? Comedic anddeadly (when covered with poisonous barbs)!
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Vladimir Putin in a Pokemon Ball?

I think you've finally found our nuclear option for personal defense.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter

Don't they make auto-crossbows?

This happened on the best episode of Weapon Masters ever.
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

I want a handgun when I eventually move into my own place. I wouldn't have any bullets, because I have poor hand-eye coordination, but I could use it to threaten an intruder, maybe. Anyway, if it didn't work, I'd make sure to get a nice heavy gun so I could just chuck it at somebody's head.

It's a terrible thing that someone like me is allowed to own a gun.

But why would you need an handgun?

Offline iamzack

I mostly likely don't need a gun and should not be allowed to own one.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Here's an idea: Blast off one of his kneecaps to send a message. If he goes to another funeral, shoot him in the nuts. If he goes again, bring a sword and challenge him to the pain, ala Princess Bride. If he sends someone else and stays home, taser them, steal their shoes, and slash the tires on their ride. If he sends someone else again, molotov cocktail party at his house, and then TP the ashes.

Keep up the process until the problem is solved.

A second idea: Go up if he's at a funeral, and get his attention (politely). Ask him why. By all accounts, he acts like a reverend in public, at least towards those who aren't obviously gay/black/female/etc. Ask him why he does that. He'll reply like a good Christian, 'it is God's way'. Ask why God created people simply to hate them. He'll respond, 'God created man, but man must earn his place in heaven'. Tell him that honestly, God must be a sadistic asshole, and Heaven sounds like rather lonely and desolate place. He'll tell you you're going to hell. Tell him, Good. That means I get to hang out with all the rock stars and prostitutes. Stay in a polite, calm tone of voice at all times. Make reasoned arguments, and don't get phased by anything they say.

Continue the process until he maces you. Ignore the pain for the good of society. Continue questioning him in the same tone of voice until something else happens (one of them punches you, etc). Again, ignore the pain. Keep going until they're all wailing on you. Grin and bear it like a maniacal athiest.

Most important step to this plan: Have a friend hiding in a nearby tree with a camera. Present the case to court.

I'd do it  :doubt:
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
And a video of you inflicting GBH to someone helps you in court how?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Read that again. :p

To be honest though Titan does have a workable plan. People are aching to throw the book at Phelps so you only need to get him to hit you to get him thrown in jail for a very long time.

Personally I think the best solution is to just send a bunch of gay people to stand behind Phelps and make out. :p

Offline iamzack

Here's an idea: Blast off one of his kneecaps to send a message. If he goes to another funeral, shoot him in the nuts. If he goes again, bring a sword and challenge him to the pain, ala Princess Bride. If he sends someone else and stays home, taser them, steal their shoes, and slash the tires on their ride. If he sends someone else again, molotov cocktail party at his house, and then TP the ashes.

Keep up the process until the problem is solved.

A second idea: Go up if he's at a funeral, and get his attention (politely). Ask him why. By all accounts, he acts like a reverend in public, at least towards those who aren't obviously gay/black/female/etc. Ask him why he does that. He'll reply like a good Christian, 'it is God's way'. Ask why God created people simply to hate them. He'll respond, 'God created man, but man must earn his place in heaven'. Tell him that honestly, God must be a sadistic asshole, and Heaven sounds like rather lonely and desolate place. He'll tell you you're going to hell. Tell him, Good. That means I get to hang out with all the rock stars and prostitutes. Stay in a polite, calm tone of voice at all times. Make reasoned arguments, and don't get phased by anything they say.

Continue the process until he maces you. Ignore the pain for the good of society. Continue questioning him in the same tone of voice until something else happens (one of them punches you, etc). Again, ignore the pain. Keep going until they're all wailing on you. Grin and bear it like a maniacal athiest.

Most important step to this plan: Have a friend hiding in a nearby tree with a camera. Present the case to court.

I'd do it  :doubt:

have you seen any of the videos of people trying to annoy the Phelps family? These people are MASTERS of not listening to a word you say. Look at any clip of them on a news show. They just raise their voice and talk over everyone else, repeat everything over and over again.

As far as I'm aware, the only way to win against them at any of their stupid protests is to show up en masse and take away all the attention. Funny signs (as opposed to boring, and ineffective "no jesus is nice, rly, blah blah") are the best, as well as costumes and silly behaviour. As much viewership as making people angry creates, for the most part, journalists have a hard time focusing on the five or six assholes holding up the same signs they've been holding up for years when there's 300 people in crazy costumes with hilarious and creative signs right across the street.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Seriously, cut that **** out now.

And I still stand by my gay makeout idea. The side benefit is that even the media won't bother filming Phelps at all cause they're sure no one wants to see two guys kissing on the news.

Offline Solatar

When a group of ultra-conservative Christians came to our campus during Easter last year, a bunch of us just went over with signs that said things like "Honk if you like to beat off" or "honk if you like alcohol".  End result: a lot easier to drown out idiots with a constant influx of carhorns than wearing out your voice. :D

Offline iamzack

There's approximately 392870235873298572 preachers loitering on my campus passing out bibles or just hanging around yelling scripture. They don't realize that they're mostly unintelligible. Occasionally there's some that will yell at students for various reasons. I wish people would just ignore them, but instead they end up with huge groups of students gathered 'round.

It's not like there's not 32095703298502958302975923874 different kinds of religious groups on campus. There are more religious groups than all the oter kinds of groups combined. I feel like someone should let the preachers know "hey, nobody here is ever more than six feet away from a bible. if they wanted to join a church, they would have by now. you can go ahead and do something useful with your life now. i hear there's several homeless shelters around here that could use volunteers."

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
For a time, there were some students (though just one guy in particular) preaching in a well-trafficked part of campus, talking about lakes of fire and other nasty stuff. Not sure if they really believed they were doing the right thing or were trying to get a rise out of people. Regardless, what's more important is that a couple days after they started their thing, I found a bunch of students in another well-trafficked area preaching the word of the Flying Spaghetti Monster and handing out uncooked noodles. :yes:
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline iamzack

they'd probably get beat up or something on this campus. gay bashing and race baiting are popular pasttimes around here. -.-

Still like my first idea better  :doubt:
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12269266

This guy is more nuts than Nutty McNutcase...

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Seriously.  The only variable here is the insanity angle, given that dozens of people and several security cameras all saw him do it.