Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 612121 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Re: What are you playing right now?
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic (PC)
Yes, I'm replaying it again.

That sounds like you are ashamed... Don't be! Dark Messiah is basically proto-Dishonored!

Speaking of which... all of Dishonored 2, picked it up on sale - don't know why I didn't have it yet.
The Stiltion Manor is awesome game design.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
I've been playin AM2R 1.4, just to fill that 2D Metroid-shaped void.
It's a very well polished game, there are still those stupid secrets that basically require you to use some weird combination of shinespark with basically no tolerance for mistakes and while I greatly enjoyed the Gameboy original when I first played it last year I can appreciate this remake too.

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic (PC)
Yes, I'm replaying it again.

That sounds like you are ashamed... Don't be! Dark Messiah is basically proto-Dishonored!

Speaking of which... all of Dishonored 2, picked it up on sale - don't know why I didn't have it yet.
The Stiltion Manor is awesome game design.
I consider it a bit of a guilty pleasure with the shlocky fantasy plot with Marty Stu protagonist and all.
Though sincerely in hindsight lockpicking isn't that useful when you have healing spells since most weapons can be aquired without needing a key anyway.
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Offline Snarks

Just recently finished Mass Effect Andromeda. It took me 90 hours, and it was surprisingly decent. I was turned off of it originally because of the string of Bioware releases at the time, but I'm glad I got around to playing it.

So now I'm considering jumping back into Dragon Age 3 and seeing if I can muster the will to actually beat it this time around.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Elite dangerous.

I'm in the mood to make serious money.  Waiting on our squadron to show me their stuff.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
After months of watching my kids play Fortnite, I decided to give it a try now that they have planes.
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Offline 0rph3u5

h the shlocky fantasy plot with Marty Stu protagonist and all.

That's just because the someone didn't have confidence in the appeal of game itself and skipped a lot of exposition for the people who did not play Heroes of Might and Magic 5 and its expansions - which is weird if you consider other stuff like the shift in genre and graphical style.
Sareth is still a canvas ... but video game protagonist...
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
SO I tried Fallout 76, got bored fast because I got the power armor and good weapons and now just waiting on content. Now I'm in kind of a lull looking for a game and I'm not sure what style I want to play. FPS, MMO, RTS? I dunno.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Finally found some time to start with Subnautica.

That game scratches so many itches that I didn't even knew I had (mainly the thrill of staring into the deep murky waters, getting scared of the moving shadows), I'm loving it!
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Not what I'm playing, but KSP mad genius Danny2462 does X-COM 2.  The results are...predictable:

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
I love Danny2462. 

Trying to make money I  elite dangerous atm.
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life
Giving Xcom 2 a break at the moment because EVERYONE KEEPS DYING

:lol:

Offline 0rph3u5

Giving Xcom 2 a break at the moment because EVERYONE KEEPS DYING

(I know technically a different kind of warfare)

Dishonored: Death of the Outsider ... now this one I had for a while and never touched.

==================

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
I encourage everyone to add me as a carefree dems guy in their xcom armies. Only requisites is shades and black camouflage.
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Offline HLD_Prophecy

I encourage everyone to add me as a carefree dems guy in their xcom armies. Only requisites is shades and black camouflage.

Would do except I already have a hooded tough luck Aussie heavy with dark blue/grey digital camo. I'd never tell you two apart! :D

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
I played Frostpunk and saved Christmas!  A grand christmas feast for everyone, and toys for the kids!

Probably the least miserable my little ice town will ever be.
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline HLD_Prophecy

I played Frostpunk and saved Christmas!  A grand christmas feast for everyone, and toys for the kids!

Probably the least miserable my little ice town will ever be.

That's a game I'd love to check out sooner or later! :D

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
Strive for automatons.

Top tip.

Also rule with an iron fist and execute anyone who thinks otherwise.
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
Steven Universe: Save The Light (PC) is simply delightful.
A lot of the appeal is in it being a Steven Universe game, but under the hood it is a solid light JRPG with very colorful and sharp cartoon graphics.
I could do without the QTE-based attack and parry mechanics but combat is turn-based otherwise so it's fine if not entirely to my taste. That it uses the A button on the pad for the QTE doesn't help since mine has a busted rubber dome so the feedback is horrible even if the button itself is technically functional.
I'm sincerely torn between splurging on a 8bit-do SF30 pro so I can finally also have a decent d-pad for platformers or just get a replacement rubber dome membrane and try to at least fix the A button on my old wired 360 pad.
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Offline HLD_Prophecy

A lot of the appeal is in it being a Steven Universe game, but under the hood it is a solid light JRPG with very colorful and sharp cartoon graphics.
I could do without the QTE-based attack and parry mechanics but combat is turn-based otherwise so it's fine if not entirely to my taste. That it uses the A button on the pad for the QTE doesn't help since mine has a busted rubber dome so the feedback is horrible even if the button itself is technically functional.
I'm sincerely torn between splurging on a 8bit-do SF30 pro so I can finally also have a decent d-pad for platformers or just get a replacement rubber dome membrane and try to at least fix the A button on my old wired 360 pad.

Would fix the old button. Just my random opinion.  :D

I only say so because I can't count the number of times I've splurged on new gear, only to suddenly need the cash badly for something much more important and I wish I had just made do with less.  :lol:

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
Pillars of Eternity
I did two of the character sidequests and I was surprised how none of them had an easy resolution, Eder
Spoiler:
will probably never know why his brother joined the enemy in the war he was fighting
and Aloth is
Spoiler:
probably gonna have to live with another personality for the rest of his life
, I wonder what is in store for the others, Sagani in particular since she left a family back home for a really far-fetched quest. It also seems that you don't need to bring them in your party for the quests to trigger since I left Aloth attending stronghold business for most of the game but the quest still triggered when I talked to him.
I also finished upgrading the stronghold, at this point I'm tempted to start the White March content since I sincerely don't know who to choose between the Knights and the Dozen for the Battle of Yernwood.
I should probably set an additional grimoire or two for my wizard perhaps while until know I got away with casting only a few grimoire spells per rest I suspect I might get to the point I'll need to switch for additional spells.
I also leveled up the scepter I got when doing Caed Nua quests which is a really good wizard weapon and its ability to charm enemies randomly gratly helped with drakes, trolls and the like.
I'm still puzzled about some locations I still can't get to even if I have a bounty that's apprently roaming around them and the Druid's sidequest requires me to go there too and I'm always scared I'll get to a point where things will get gated off (it took me forever to end act I because I kept doing as many sidequests as possible because of this personal paranoia of mine).

Would fix the old button. Just my random opinion.  :D

I only say so because I can't count the number of times I've splurged on new gear, only to suddenly need the cash badly for something much more important and I wish I had just made do with less.  :lol:

I ordered the spare part on eBay but since it's from China it will take a while so I put the game on hold, it's a bit disappointing but it's either that or rage at the game because of the early presses registered due to the lack of tactility.