I've been trying to make Starlancer (yes, I finally got a copy off eBay for basically nothing) work but unfortunately it's either having glitchy graphics or use DGvoodoo2 in Software mode because the game uses a few features that have been since dropped and using the wrapper in hardware mode results in glitchy menu interface and texture-less graphics.
Which is weird, I remember the demo working just fine, but probably it was just me not noticing how weird-looking the nebulas were on a modern card.
I also had to roll back from the "optional" drivers I had installed because AMD had messed up the GPU scaling in the beta drivers so the game looked squished no matter what I did.
And of course I had to use a crack because the cd protection used doesn't work on Windows 7.
Now, if only the choice wasn't between a horrible frame rate and graphical glitches of varying entity...
Strangely enough I don't seem to have issues with the multicore CPU for now.
In the end I managed to make it work by enabling "fast memory access" in DGvoodoo2, which is supposed to be one of the "not really recommended" options but it worked nonetheless only now I have to edit the .ini otherwise the game is locked at 640x480, I was going to that anyway to unlock the 1280x1024 resolution but it's still rather odd.
I tried the instant action and I was able to play without glitches or crashes, to be on the safe side I made a Radeon profile that disabled every modern thingamabob and just used DGvoodoo2 to force 8x anti aliasing. Now I only have to properly finish the joystick profile, I have a partial one made some time ago but it includes only the bare minimum to play the demo mission.