Author Topic: so yeah guys i wanted to tell you something  (Read 17253 times)

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Re: so yeah guys i wanted to tell you something
Charismatic, try Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius... Then you will know...

And about the Sathanases... So they "barbecued" the Capella system and many of themselves... Berserk mode?

Which brings me to this: Is it you, ships, or Shivans hate us so much to try to wipe us out?

Psyche test: You've met a lone Hasteshpsut and it's not attacking you... If you would have some means of communication, would you use it? What would you do after?
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline Veers

Do the Shivans, do they try and take you out on joy flights or anything weird like that?, pick up other Shivans.. and stuff...

Is there a particular reason why the Shivans like red?, and would you like to be.. painted (?) a different colour?
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
Charismatic, try Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius... Then you will know...

And about the Sathanases... So they "barbecued" the Capella system and many of themselves... Berserk mode?

Which brings me to this: Is it you, ships, or Shivans hate us so much to try to wipe us out?

Psyche test: You've met a lone Hasteshpsut and it's not attacking you... If you would have some means of communication, would you use it? What would you do after?

1. The Sathanases are like that. So yes, it could be said they went into berserk mode.

2. It's ...varied. I just treat it as any other job. It's probably the Shivans who hate you, but I don't know - some of them might not. I'd have to ask them. Most of us spaceships just tend to oblige in their requests in exchange for maintenance.

3. Communicate and try to learn something from the experience. And afterwards... Do whatever I was doing beforehand, I suppose?

Do the Shivans, do they try and take you out on joy flights or anything weird like that?, pick up other Shivans.. and stuff...

Is there a particular reason why the Shivans like red?, and would you like to be.. painted (?) a different colour?

1. Occasionally, they do. Sometimes a group of Shivans onboard want to go see a nebula or two, so I take them there.

2. Shivans simply.... glow red. No reason to not continue making things glow red, I imagine. I wouldn't mind glowing blue instead of red, though.

Are dragons and scorpions sapient?
By experience they do annoying **** that warrants having a brain.

I've got yet to meet a sapient Dragon or Scorpion, but they tend to be quite intelligent. Still not close to being sapient, but they're around the level of one of those ...toddlers I hear about. Or those crow things.

Offline Mito [PL]

:wtf: Ok... So how could you describe Shivan society? Any art, hobbies... politics... and stuff like this?
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Shivans? Society? Hobbies? Politics?... Culture? I don't think they are even to able to think about stuff like this. Shivans probably don't have individual consciousness and characters.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
:wtf: Ok... So how could you describe Shivan society? Any art, hobbies... politics... and stuff like this?

To say the least.... it's very complex. Given that I've been to several different universes, each of which has often had varying differences among the local Shivans, it can be stated that trying to pin one particular description on the whole of Shivan "society" would be missing the point.

The Shivans are strange, like all you small people seem to be, and they possess multiple societies - each of which has it's own variations and differences. For instance, the Shivans I'm "used", i.e the Shivans of whom who do maintenance on my systems and who I have a contract with are not quite like you Terrans and Vasudans, but they do possess "likes" and hobbies. On a separate note, a Shivan isolated from "mainstream" society occasionally develops... quirks. Carl would be one of those Shivans.

And then there's those "Blue Planet" Shivans, who appear to be mostly mindless, except for those Animae who give me jobs sometimes.

Offline Husker

If you were to suddenly lose your Shivan crew, if humans and/or Vasudans were to board, would you try to communicate peacefully an try to get them to perform repairs and maintenance? Or would you attempt to space them and go back to Shivan space?

Offline yuezhi

• no u
  • ¿¡you dare defy the commodore‽
Faces, in the nebula! :shaking:
Is it clowns? Carl? Shivins? Headz?
You most tell us what this is: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=48561.0
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 05:30:43 pm by yuezhi »
ϟIn Neo-Terra we Trustϟ
ϟGreat Tin Can Run (Download
☭Gods and Conquerors  - mission design, tech descriptions, sounds; currently 5% Book of Invasions(reserved)☭

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ︻╦╤─   Bob is building an army.
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂          ☻/         This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████].       /▌          Copy and Paste this all over
  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...     / \          Youtube if you are with us!

Offline Husker

Hallucinogens. In other words, (please don't kill me...) LSD.

Or more likely, over active imaginations.

... after they opened the blue people's spinny thing and shot at us.

Is the Blue Man Group in fact undercover Ancients?
'Teeth of the Tiger' - campaign in the making
Story, Ships, Weapons, Project Leader.

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
... after they opened the blue people's spinny thing and shot at us.

Is the Blue Man Group in fact undercover Ancients?

That's.... a good question. Unfortunately I've never seen one of the blue people for myself, I only know that they apparently glow blue and have reflective blue "skin". Just like their ships. Might be a coincidence of some sort.

Offline yuezhi

• no u
  • ¿¡you dare defy the commodore‽
Hallucinogens. In other words, (please don't kill me...) LSD.

Or more likely, over active imaginations.
:beamz:
ϟIn Neo-Terra we Trustϟ
ϟGreat Tin Can Run (Download
☭Gods and Conquerors  - mission design, tech descriptions, sounds; currently 5% Book of Invasions(reserved)☭

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ︻╦╤─   Bob is building an army.
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂          ☻/         This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████].       /▌          Copy and Paste this all over
  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...     / \          Youtube if you are with us!

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
Also, as a side note, I've never seen "faces" in any of the nebulas I've been to. Are the participants of that thread's optical sensors malfunctioning in some way?

Offline Mito [PL]

From what i know, they're not malfunctioning... possibly overfunctioning :)
It seems that the fault is in their neural system architecture, making them see the paterns...

and...

Do Shivans like nebulae? Are nebulas something special for them?
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
They certainly like the aesthetics of nebulae, that's for sure.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Does it disturb you some terrans have found ways to hijack you and utilize your beamz at their leisure?

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
Are you sure that they just didn't hack into my storage and retrieve a recording of me shooting at a Hatshepsut and a Deimos?  :nervous:

Offline DahBlount

• Alpine ☆ Cancer Tribulation
    • Minecraft
Are you sure that they just didn't hack into my storage and retrieve a recording of me shooting at a Hatshepsut and a Deimos?  :nervous:
You mentioned earlier that you hadn't fought a Hatshepsut. Is this a new development?
<Axem> yet still more insightful than #hard-light

<Axem> jad2.23 will just be cat videos

<DahBlount> So
<DahBlount> JAD2.2 is like that
<Axem> maybe
<Axem> it can be whatever you like!
<DahBlount> A Chocolate Sundae?
<Axem> sure

My models: GTF Gilgamesh - GTD Nuadha [Redesigning] - Ningirama [WIP] - GTG Zephyrus

Offline Veers

Probably a simulation  :blah:

Any ideas if Carl was on holidays recently?
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
You mentioned earlier that you hadn't fought a Hatshepsut. Is this a new development?

It was a simulated training exercise.

Probably a simulation  :blah:

Any ideas if Carl was on holidays recently?

Carl keeps talking to me about a "Christmas" every now and then. I am aware that it is some sort of time in which the mercantile forces on your home planet lower the prices of everything, and that you Terrans are apparently obligated to wear strange hats during this period.

I wonder how many times Carl has visited your home planet for this ...event?