Author Topic: GVB Ammit - 2013 MODELING CONTEST ENTRY - NEWCOMER DIVISION  (Read 29883 times)

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
Re: GVB Ammit - 2013 MODELING CONTEST ENTRY - NEWCOMER DIVISION
Thanks, Husker. And thank you, The Dagger, for the texture-baking guide.

But I'm having a problem. I think I'm following the right steps to bake my pilot and ship textures together, but whenever I actually try to bake them, I get a messy texture like this:

Any idea what I might be doing wrong here? Thanks!
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
I've never had that problem myself, but if you upload your blend file I'll see what I can do.

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
Thank you very much. Here's my blend file, just before trying to texture-bake.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0-LZC1urvqDRWxhNXlGMDVMWFk/edit?usp=sharing

The resulting texture is the mess in my previous post.
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Quick reminder that we are officially into the last 24 hours, and that all entries must be finalized by midnight tonioght GMT (22.5 hours away). We can't offer any more extensions I'm afraid.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
You have several problems:
1- You didn't create a new UV map (see step 2). You'll have to restart because the vasudan model has no reference to it's original UVmap.
2- Your materials have to have a reference to the UVmap. Also, mapping should be set to "UVmap", your is "Generated". That's probably whats giving you such strange results.
Finally, I don't have your maps, so I can't do it for you.

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
Thanks again, but I think I'll finish the texture-baking later, as the current model's not slow enough to desperately need the optimization.

With that said, here's my contest entry, version 1.21:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0-LZC1urvqDV1BSbWd3UldmaVE/edit?usp=sharing

The Ammit includes two table files: Ammit-shp is a bomber, and AmmitFighter-shp is an interceptor. Copy the entry of whichever one you're using to your ships-tbm, and delete/ignore the other one.

The Ammit comes with the GVM Khepri anti-capital dumbfire rocket.

ED: Added radar icon entries to tables.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 06:40:22 pm by Lepanto »

Offline DahBlount

• Alpine ☆ Cancer Tribulation
    • Minecraft
Looks good. I especially like the volume of Khepri missiles in that picture. Are they fired in quick succession or will it rely on shear volume of bombers?
<Axem> yet still more insightful than #hard-light

<Axem> jad2.23 will just be cat videos

<DahBlount> So
<DahBlount> JAD2.2 is like that
<Axem> maybe
<Axem> it can be whatever you like!
<DahBlount> A Chocolate Sundae?
<Axem> sure

My models: GTF Gilgamesh - GTD Nuadha [Redesigning] - Ningirama [WIP] - GTG Zephyrus

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
Thanks. Khepris are two-shot missiles, so a standard twin-linked volley is 4 missiles.

BTW, fightermedic, if you're listening, when/if you're done with your contest showcase mission, could you please put up a link? I'd like to see it.

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
sure, i'm not going to create a mission that nobody can play ;) in fact i have been working on it the last 2 hours, just didn't have much time last week, so it's not as far as i would have hoped
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
:bump:

I've Wiki'd this ship but the download link is broken, and I was therefore unable to include any table data. Patch it up, team!
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
UPDATED LINK

Pleasantly surprised that anyone remembers this model exists. :p
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 12:38:42 pm by Lepanto »

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Nobody mentioned it when I was looking for a next-generation Vasudan interceptor and since it wasn't on the Wiki, it fell through the cracks.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...