Author Topic: ts3.2 serial#  (Read 4403 times)

Offline --Steve-O--

• I might be the last man on earth to use TS3.2
yeah bad news...my computer is toast...jumping ship to a new one. problem is i need truespace 3.2 alive long enough to finish my projects in progress. i re-downloaded and bam...i have no way to get the serial number. anybody have any suggestions?
"And so they dwelled in filth, on worlds made of dirt and feces, and there they lay until they stumbled into the skies." --the Mad Prophet

if you purchased the licence online they should have records of the purchase/payment. You may contact the software house and retrieve your serial or ask for assistance ...
what do you mean with toast? Did you fried the HDD or the motherboard?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Problem is that TrueSpace has been officially abandoned in 2009, at version 7.6. Even if the original retailer where Steve-O bought the license still exists, it is unlikely they still have records of said purchase.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Random, but try 5300311551997
No clue if it will work, just a result from teh interwebs
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
Isn't 3.2 (and many newer versions) free to download now?

For that matter, Wings3D is free to download and is much, much, much, much, much, much, much better for FS modeling than ts

(also blender)

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
The thing is, he know Truespace (and HOW!). :) If you know a particular modeling program, it might be hard to learn another, especially one as arcane as Blender. Really, when you get down to it, Blender has the advantage of being able to export smoothing (something fixed by the community within moments on Steve-O's models), and that's it. Steve-O does his awesomeness with an antiquated version of Truespace, so it's not like it can't be used to make great models.

BTW, I've found what looks like a free version of TS 3.2. http://free-downloadz.net/free/truespace%203.2%20download%20for%20free
Could you check it out? It might not need a serial.

Offline den5

My TS 3.2 archive have serial number. I hope it will work.

SN: 5300311577097

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
truespace 6.* was the best version of truespace in my book. 7 had too much cruft and was slower without adding anything useful. and versions 4 and prior had horrible uv mapping tools. i skipped over 5 completely and never bothered trying it because i was happy with 6 (at least till i got good with max).
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
2.1 and lithunwrap are all you need!!
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
never used lithunwrap, not once. i was successfully uv mapping with version 4.2. it was hard to do and not quite obvious but i figured it out. it also required a 3rd party plugin to unwrap the uv space for texturing (and this was the only way to see your results). 6 had a uv editor that sucked a lot less.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline --Steve-O--

• I might be the last man on earth to use TS3.2
Random, but try 5300311551997
No clue if it will work, just a result from teh interwebs

worked like a charm! thank you so much! you are truly awesome and a life saver....hell, all of you are awesome! round of digital beers on me!

but yeah, there is no longer any support from caligari, their web site has been decommissioned.  i know 3.2 is old, it just flows for me. however i am starting to see it limitations. tried 7.6 and like Nuke said, to much crude grafted on with no gain really....the interface was an abomination. i am giving maya a hard look for when i decide to upgrade. looks potent and easy to use. only thing is i need to look into what format it exports in and if its anything i can convert to FSO use.
"And so they dwelled in filth, on worlds made of dirt and feces, and there they lay until they stumbled into the skies." --the Mad Prophet

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
Here's  a list of supported file formats.
Looks like Maya can export to DAE and OBJ among others.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
TS6 might be available for free, you might want to check that out. I've heard it was a bit less bloated than 7.6, maybe it'd work for you.
Also, since you've got 3.2 working, are we gonna get a new ship soon? :) Like the updated Hyperion, or the Banshee?

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Steve,try new.blender. The interface is miles better than the one from five or so years back.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
I use 3ds max, which is pretty easy to use and it can export to obj and dae. I personally found blenders interface way to complicated to use but thay was a few years ago so may have changed since then.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
3DS Max is very expensive, people around here mostly have it because their universities (as Autodesk allows free access if you're a student). If you can get it for free, that's fine, but if you can't, it's a bit of an overkill unless you're good enough with it to have it pay for itself (by selling 3D models, for example).

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
max is great. if you can get the educational license get it.

it is overkill but it has some of the best modeling and uv mapping tools you can get.

Nuke's Scripting SVN