Author Topic: [WIP] Shattered Stars: A Deepness Within  (Read 189807 times)

Re: [WIP] Shattered Stars: A Deepness Within Act 0 (DEMO)
inposseble
he saw help me eith happynewyear but instead he stealing it my projact

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life
@Bryan: Is the Doom Slayer gonna be in the demo  :nod:  or do I have to wait until Act 1 is done?

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Ohhh, this seems like an interesting concept for a drinking contest... should we limit ourselves to this topic only, or just go through his post history and take a shot... okay, half a shot, everytime he says it? :P

Honestly, I have never ever seen anyone expect a template for a goddamn plot concept document... :D Bryan See, have you ever played any of better campaigns around to see what makes a story good and what makes a campaign enjoyable to play?

On the other hand, when there's all this stuff with capship missions, introns, large battles ect. mentioned around, maybe we should consider Shattered Stars not as an introduction to some kind of plot or universe, but more like a technology demonstration? Some interesting mission concepts but without any interesting plot to them whatsoever.

(I just want to mention here that WoD is this kind of multi-race space opera too and it is considered a success around HLP, right?)
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
WoD is it's own contained original universe, though? Whatever it is that Bryan is cooking is a thing that draws from a gazillion different universes, none of which he owns.
I don't see how they compare lol.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

spoon he stealing my projact happynewyear please help

Bryan See posted something similar to a design doc for the whole thing somewhere before releasing even the demo... but I didn't DL it.

Bryan See, have you ever played any of better campaigns around to see what makes a story good and what makes a campaign enjoyable to play?

I'd guess he played all of them, and everytime he did so he threw all his own ideas away.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
spoon he stealing my projact happynewyear please help
I'm sorry wouter, I don't think there's anything I can do to help
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I'm yet to see proof of permission for a model he's allegedly using.   

The drinking game sounds like a fast jet to stomach pump city.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
My personal opinion is that there's a logic conflict in the very idea want to present Shattered Stars as the "Epilog of FS". If you randomly include other franchises, you'll end up with something that has not that much to do with FS anymore. Also, as good as BP is, it violates the idea that the Shivans are the preservers as a result of eliminating species capable of interstellar travel. So if you make BP part of your epilog project, you'll end up straying away further and further from what FS is.
My idea is that I intended Shattered Stars as the "Epilogue of FS", with the random inclusion of other franchises without ending up something that hasn't that much to do with FS, see Darker Projects' Star Trek: The Section 31 Files, which arguably includes the Temporal Powers, the Daleks and the Cybermen. Mortal Engines, given its local nature, has not something to do with Shattered Stars, nor FS in general, and it has to be "terminated," (the word "terminate" in the context is getting rid of any character, locale etc. without dropping the included franchise itself) and the only mentions of anything therein are in the tech room database. In this case:

Spoiler:
After the very last scene of the Mortal Engines film, something catastrophic happens to the characters. The Earth is infiltrated and soon falls to the Cylons/UIMS. In this attack, Hester Shaw and Tom Natsworthy are killed. In a matter of hours, the entire human civilization has been totally destroyed. This, coupled with their recent transgressions with the Battura, Bosconian and Sadeen, led to the arrival of the Shivans.

Plus, the Cylons and the UIMS are related to each other, and the storyline must have something to do with this. This is the case of the Battura, Bosconians and Sadeen.

I need to write down an idea, then a design doc, a plot line and mission list, but where's the template to this? I need it in either LATEX or DOCX or LibreOffice.

The idea is the epilogue to the FreeSpace saga following Blue Planet, setting at the same timeframe as the 2018 Mortal Engines film (whose events and ending are local) as the spiritual sequel to Star Ixiom, with the 2004 BSG series continuity being part due to its nature as a saga of ancient history taking place more than 150,000 years.

New Drinking Game: Take a shot everytime Bryan explains what Shattered Stars it, despite everyone else already having heard it god-knows how many times.
Yet despite all of this, I'm still not sure what exactly Shattered Stars is about.
MORTAL ENGINES.
And I'm sure spiderman is somewhere in there too.
And Tom cruise.

I also have no real idea what this mod is really about, other than the fact that it is the epilogue to the FreeSpace saga. I know, vaguely, of the mod's plot, setting and races (other than the Shivans, the player's faction) but that is about it.
Oh okay, glad to see I'm not the only one then.

But release in like 5 days from now, right?
For the branching Teaser Demo only. Act 1 will be sometime in 2019.

I'm surprised that this thread is still the troll thread, rather than feedback. I am merely looking for feedback, and now I am willing to heed Nyctaeus' advice on starting projects.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
This is feedback.    Don't release anything without you having written  permission permission to distribute ALL assets used.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
It may be hard to provide feedback for a mod that we have no clear idea what it is about. Neither the author does. Also your explanations does not make my vision of SS any clearer.

So my only feedback goes as follows: Clean this freaking mess.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
I'm surprised that this thread is still the troll thread, rather than feedback. I am merely looking for feedback, and now I am willing to heed Nyctaeus' advice on starting projects.
You should stop stealing wouter's project , how's that for feedback?
Urutorahappī!!

I'm still not understanding entirely what Bryan See is "stealing" from happynewyear. The plot? The assets? Looks rather like a misunderstanding to me, like with the "use of copyrighted BSG ships" earlier, which are obviously from Diaspora.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Well, remembers me from The Babylon Project.

A helluva modpack with all ships we ever saw in all the Babylon 5 series and movies, but not really an idea what to do with it :D.
It was only a mod pack that offer all kind of ships and races, but the community have to create missions and campaigns for that... well, did not really worked IMO.

I think that's a little unfair. With the exception of FS1 & 2, TBP is the FSO game with the most campaigns.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    • Twitter
This is feedback.    Don't release anything without you having written  permission permission to distribute ALL assets used.
Then, how am I going to get permission? PM? What are the users involved? I am a member of the HLP since 2009. I got permission from one of INF's developers a few months ago.

If anyone is skeptical as to my mod is really about, the mod is about the Shivans, banished from the Great Council formed by Brahma in the First Time, punishing authority-challenging transgressions from the UIMS, Vasudan, Battura, Bosconian and Sadeen, set in the distant future of the FreeSpace Universe, in another universe, where Terrans still stuck on Earth, having nearly destroyed themselves in a cataclysmic planetary event (see the 2018 film Mortal Engines, whose events are local to the planet Earth).

My mod is the first to:

1. Depict the FreeSpace universe in a distant future, perhaps hundreds to even thousands of years after the year 3000. None of the campaigns/mods have tried setting many years after the Capella incident.
2. Have the setting entirely in another universe (just like the one depicted in most of Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius). It is implied in one of the FS2 endings that the Shivans used the Capella explosion as a bridge between the GTVA's universe and their own.
3. Have Shivan capship command with introns.

Is that something's wrong with what's my mod is actually about? Can I really call Shattered Stars the epilogue to FS, or a sequel to Blue Planet, or both, with this information above?

Plus, I wanted to create a Shivan-centric mod.

Well, remembers me from The Babylon Project.

A helluva modpack with all ships we ever saw in all the Babylon 5 series and movies, but not really an idea what to do with it :D.
It was only a mod pack that offer all kind of ships and races, but the community have to create missions and campaigns for that... well, did not really worked IMO.

I think that's a little unfair. With the exception of FS1 & 2, TBP is the FSO game with the most campaigns.

And you are not aware of Inferno: Alliance Standalone, which is more or less similar to my mod.

BTW, the upcoming Teaser Demo is much akin to the FreeSpace 2 Demo.

To those who accuse me of stealing Woutersmits' project: I. Did. Not. Steal. His. Project.

And there's a load of UIMS, Battura, Bosconian and Sadeen models ripped from Playstation games and converted for in-game usage. These models are temporary, and as such, will be replaced with hi-poly versions.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 05:04:16 pm by Bryan See »

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Strygon

• So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    • Steam
Then, how am I going to get permission? PM? What are the users involved? I am a member of the HLP since 2009. I got permission from one of INF's developers a few months ago.

If anyone is skeptical as to my mod is really about, the mod is about the Shivans, banished from the Great Council formed by Brahma in the First Time, punishing authority-challenging transgressions from the UIMS, Vasudan, Battura, Bosconian and Sadeen, set in the distant future of the FreeSpace Universe, in another universe, where Terrans still stuck on Earth, having nearly destroyed themselves in a cataclysmic planetary event (see the 2018 film Mortal Engines, whose events are local to the planet Earth).

My mod is the first to:

1. Depict the FreeSpace universe in a distant future, perhaps hundreds to even thousands of years after the year 3000. None of the campaigns/mods have tried setting many years after the Capella incident.
2. Have the setting entirely in another universe (just like the one depicted in most of Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius). It is implied in one of the FS2 endings that the Shivans used the Capella explosion as a bridge between the GTVA's universe and their own.
3. Have Shivan capship command with introns.

Is that something's wrong with what's my mod about? Can I really call Shattered Stars the epilogue to FS with this information above?

Plus, I wanted to create a Shivan-centric mod.

alright lads, everyone take a shot, by the next page we'll all be at hamnyurger status
Makes missions sometimes.
Finished Projects: Operation: Cloak and Dagger

Current Projects: Scrolls Part 2 (FREDding), Dimensional Eclipse (Art),
The First Contact War, GTDr Amazon HTL

[23:22] strypolygon: andrew
[23:22] strypolygon: i have one favor to ask of you
[23:22] strypolygon: never try speaking german again
[23:23] Andrewofdoom: No.

[18:50] 島風改八百三: the duck has multipli
[18:50] 島風改八百三: many duck
[18:50] 島風改八百三: left side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: even side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: handle it

[21:34] MP-Ryan: Why on earth would you Google this
[21:34] The_E: why would you not

[06:46] Strigon: how big is a mini-campaign again?
[06:46] Asteroth: smaller than a campaign
[06:47 ]Strigon: thanks

[05:56] Strigon: If I had to take a shot for each time I randomly decided to change the UI sounds, I'd have died of alcohol poisoning by now

[17:36] qazwsxal: time to have some fun
[17:41] z64555: VC++5 is not my idea of fun

[EatThePath] do your missiles do anything absurd?
[Strigon] describe absurd
[Strigon] the entire mod is absurd

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
alright lads, everyone take a shot, by the next page we'll all be at hamnyurger status
Is there's something's wrong? There is something unique about this mod. The setting, and the Shivan capship command with introns.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
And you are not aware of Inferno: Alliance Standalone, which is more or less similar to my mod.

I know I said previously that I will not post here again and add more **** to the ****storm, but you Bryan just crossed the line.

DO NOT COMPARE YOUR **** PROJECT TO INFERNO.  And that's exactly what your project is, ****, if you can even call it a project.

In case if you still don't get it, we don't think Shattered Stars is a joke project that you're making "for the lulz".  We are not trolling your project; we are trolling YOU.  We are trolling and criticizing and denouncing your character and integrity (or lack thereof - - using trademarked assets from other authors without prior written permission), your creativity (definite lack thereof - - combining multiple universes together with no rhyme or reason or cohesion), your reputation (which you have none here, because you have failed to prove yourself despite multiple opportunities and second, third, nth chances to do so), your maturity (your "let's put things that dont' belong together together cuz I like them and want to see them together" ideas are what my 9y/o nephew would come up with, and you're in university getting a masters degree?  Shame.), your professionalism (refusing constructive criticism from people, including your teammate, who genuinely want to help you and turning them away, which turned them into trolls), and your social skills (complete absence - - doesn't need an explanation).

I say these things not out of anger but out of sadness for Bryan and for the Community.  Bryan; seriously reflect about these things.  Seriously.  Don't try to defend yourself, because what you're doing is indefensible.  As for HLP, is this what we've really been reduced to?  Trolling was and is and will never be the mission of HLP, and sadly this thread is the most viewed and visited and commented on the entire forum.  What does that say about who we really are?  We too sorely need to reflect upon these things.

R

Offline Strygon

• So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    • Steam
Is there's something's wrong? There is something unique about this mod. The setting, and the Shivan capship command with introns.

Honestly, the only unique thing about this mod is how it's caused so much amusement at your expense.

No, seriously, there isn't much to this mod other than an unworkable mishmash of different sci-fi universes, and those introns nobody really cares about aside from yourself.

Honestly, the only salvation I see for this mod is to go full TC and make an entirely new universe, world, set of factions, and-so-on. No more ME, FS, BP or Galaxian stuff, it's way better to entirely create a new world from scratch (and by "from scratch", I really do mean it).

And while you're at it, don't steal other people's goddamn models (even if they do look like cut enemies from Star Fox). Do like many people here have done before, and make the assets yourself, from ground up. That way you don't have to risk pissing people off for theft.
Makes missions sometimes.
Finished Projects: Operation: Cloak and Dagger

Current Projects: Scrolls Part 2 (FREDding), Dimensional Eclipse (Art),
The First Contact War, GTDr Amazon HTL

[23:22] strypolygon: andrew
[23:22] strypolygon: i have one favor to ask of you
[23:22] strypolygon: never try speaking german again
[23:23] Andrewofdoom: No.

[18:50] 島風改八百三: the duck has multipli
[18:50] 島風改八百三: many duck
[18:50] 島風改八百三: left side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: even side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: handle it

[21:34] MP-Ryan: Why on earth would you Google this
[21:34] The_E: why would you not

[06:46] Strigon: how big is a mini-campaign again?
[06:46] Asteroth: smaller than a campaign
[06:47 ]Strigon: thanks

[05:56] Strigon: If I had to take a shot for each time I randomly decided to change the UI sounds, I'd have died of alcohol poisoning by now

[17:36] qazwsxal: time to have some fun
[17:41] z64555: VC++5 is not my idea of fun

[EatThePath] do your missiles do anything absurd?
[Strigon] describe absurd
[Strigon] the entire mod is absurd

I say these things not out of anger but out of sadness for Bryan and for the Community.  Bryan; seriously reflect about these things.  Seriously.  Don't try to defend yourself, because what you're doing is indefensible.  As for HLP, is this what we've really been reduced to?  Trolling was and is and will never be the mission of HLP, and sadly this thread is the most viewed and visited and commented on the entire forum.  What does that say about who we really are?  We too sorely need to reflect upon these things.

R

You forgot the reflection skills!

BTW I think there's something wrong with the view counter, I doubt you can get 10k views in a single day...

I have one. :p It's far from being finished, tough... :warp:
But that's the prize you have to pay when you're trying to make original stuff. :D

Is that something's wrong with what's my mod is actually about? Can I really call Shattered Stars the epilogue to FS, or a sequel to Blue Planet, or both, with this information above?

You're contradicting yourself.