Author Topic: Most despised canon mission  (Read 8451 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Most despised canon mission
That would absolutely undermine the game's narrative and ending, though. The Colossus is supposed to be the incarnation of the GTVA's mistakes. It's the Yamato.

That would absolutely undermine the game's narrative and ending, though. The Colossus is supposed to be the incarnation of the GTVA's mistakes. It's the Yamato.

Still, its end was almost ridiculous. The Colossus was disabled, dead in the water, than finally murdered by a Sath with the dialog telling you "we buy time for the Bastion" when the delay was about 30 secs and Command screaming "GET OUTTA HERE!!!" to a disabled ship.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
First time I saw it though age 17 or so...... Wow.  Thrilling  :yes:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

Still, its end was almost ridiculous. The Colossus was disabled, dead in the water, than finally murdered by a Sath with the dialog telling you "we buy time for the Bastion" when the delay was about 30 secs and Command screaming "GET OUTTA HERE!!!" to a disabled ship.

I tweaked that sequence for FS Blue so more dialogue would play but really I think the original holds up pretty well. It goes out about as meaningfully as the Yamato did.

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
I kinda wish the Colossus did more in that mission. Throwing a couple of cruisers or corvettes at it before the Beast arrived would've been cool.

Oh well, as far as canon missions go I think Their Finest Hour is in the top five missions I enjoyed.

Oh well, as far as canon missions go I think Their Finest Hour is in the top five missions I enjoyed.

I liked the mission too, from effect value alone it is also one of my favourites. But it seems that during the ending dialog neither the Colossus nor Command was entirely sure/aware whether Colly was disabled or not.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Must. Steal. Trivial Psychics. Subspace Explination.
I used it in a FS fan story I was writing several years ago, but never finished.  Not that it was a critical plot point, merely that the story was a platform to promote my subspace theory when it was appropriate to the story.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Still a good example for explinations :v-old: could/should've made if they bothered to do so. :)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I kinda wish the Colossus did more in that mission. Throwing a couple of cruisers or corvettes at it before the Beast arrived would've been cool.

I think the Colossus actually has waypoints set in FRED, and I remember reading that there are some other events that never trigger. Maybe :v: couldn't get the mission balanced right and just disabled it as a rush job fix.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 12:03:25 am by Mongoose »

Offline darkdaej

• Wingmen: Useless buggers

I tweaked that sequence for FS Blue so more dialogue would play but really I think the original holds up pretty well. It goes out about as meaningfully as the Yamato did.

Indeed - For the first time ever I actually jumped out before the Colly gets blown up.

Still I'm cursious what :v-old: had intended for Collys end.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Maybe it could do the baseball bat thing and fling the Sathanas into the Cappelean sun.  :D
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
Maybe it could do the baseball bat thing and fling the Sathanas into the Cappelean sun.  :D
Found this while browsing around just now.  :lol: