Author Topic: Hatshepsut  (Read 142332 times)

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?
With the detail box, it has become closer to the original version, and should still run better than the first release I made. (Hopefully)

EDIT: The detail boxed items are the thrusters, interior, and some greebles on the under side near the docking point.
I think I'll call REAL Mahjong 'Chinese Dominoes', just to make people think I'm an ignorant asshat.

Offline Kolgena

So I just made the detail box, and it cuts over 10K from the detail0...

Crappy card owners, rejoice...

That's a 30% drop. I think even upper-mid card owners wouldn't mind that.

The hattie and the hecate are the only two ships that drop my shiplab frames under 120 steady. Though my frames are still like 117, it means that with lots of explosions or extra ships around, I would probably get some stutter, which isn't conducive to surviving flak and AAA on insane.

Offline Kolgena

I beleive because the hangar would be removed from the main hull, the lightning should fix itself (pretty please!!!)

I wonder if you could test this out. I have no idea how detail boxes work, but I imagine it culls everything inside it unless the camera is within a certain distance of it. Depending on how that distance is set, lightning might start disappearing if you just happen to be pretty close to the hangar area.

On the other hand, it'd be unbelievable amounts of cool if the lightning effect moved INTO the hangar bay as you flew into it. I mean, just go to ship lab, tick lightning, tick transparent, and just imagine what it'd be like to be flying in the midst of that.

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?
Ill be testing it in about 30minutes, just before I release it. Just to let yall know, improvements are already obvious. Takes about 1/4 of the time to generate the .IBX
I think I'll call REAL Mahjong 'Chinese Dominoes', just to make people think I'm an ignorant asshat.

Offline Redstreblo

• Darth Lobster
  • Current Project: Vasudan Imperium (\/) (;,;) (\/)
...improvements are already obvious. Takes about 1/4 of the time to generate the .IBX

See, it only takes a little bit of clean up and optimization! You don't need to get stressed out by these cool features and just remove them. I was wowed by the hanger when I first saw it and I am happy to hear that it will remain  :D
I, Aries one, have proved myself superior to the legendary Terran pilot Alpha one! Let the Vasudan people take pride in this accomplishment, and take the Parliamentary Vasudan Empire to victory over the inferior Galactic Terran Alliance! Long live the Emperor!

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Steam
This one is turning in the coolest ship ever :yes:

(until we get the Colly at least)
el hombre vicio...

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?
little bit

Little? LITTLE? Do you have any idea how much optimization went into the FIRST release I made? It was FAR from a straight port over, let me tell you. Anyone who has seen the source file can attest to that.  :hopping:  :D

Oh, and here you go:

http://www.mediafire.com/?t0jt3kzetq5

EDIT: Instead of the lightning only being on the hangar, its now only on the front of the ship, which I suppose it better. I need to go get bark dust. PLEASE TEST!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 03:19:18 pm by Rga_Noris »

Offline Redstreblo

• Darth Lobster
  • Current Project: Vasudan Imperium (\/) (;,;) (\/)
little bit

Little? LITTLE? Do you have any idea how much optimization went into the FIRST release I made? It was FAR from a straight port over, let me tell you. Anyone who has seen the source file can attest to that.  :hopping:  :D

:lol: bad choice of words....
I, Aries one, have proved myself superior to the legendary Terran pilot Alpha one! Let the Vasudan people take pride in this accomplishment, and take the Parliamentary Vasudan Empire to victory over the inferior Galactic Terran Alliance! Long live the Emperor!

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
The very front thing is supposed to be a destructable subsystem (Navitagtion) I think.
You should cut that out too. (Also the sensors could be cut out too I think.)

Though...doing that might actually ADD to the polycount.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Aardwolf

So uh... I take it the lightning arcs between randomly selected polygons, each having an equal probability of being an endpoint? And that that means the uber-detailed portions get a lot more lightning? Maybe the lightning code just needs some fixin'

Offline Kolgena

Not too sure. I think it's isolated to "pieces" that the ships are comprised of.

If you look at the Orion, lightning will only ever be seen in the rear engine block. This is true regardless of how long you watch lightning arc, so I don't think it's entirely a probability function. Same applies for the Hecate, except its rear "piece" is larger, and therefore the lack of lightning in the front half (instead of the front 80% in the orion) is less noticeable.

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?
Those sensors were merged with the main hull, (dont worry, I deleted the polys on the mainhull that would intersect BEFORE I merged them... there are no overlappers) as were some of the other subs. The issue with some of the destructable subs is that they are in different spots than on the retail, which would break compatibilty. I have some options in mind to include them, but we *may* need to go without.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
How different are we talking about here? If they're in the same general location (i.e. on the nose and not on the side) I don't think it would matter too much.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?
About what you said. Nothing huge, really.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Jeez, how many different links are there?

Is HTL_HatsDB.rar the current?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
For some reason or another, turning off specular maps seems to bring out a lot more detail on some parts of the normal maps. This normal behavior?

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?
The spec map is likely too overkill, and over powering the normal. How is it running otherwise? Oh and to Dekker: there were only two links, and now all links point to the lastest.

Offline Kolgena

For some reason or another, turning off specular maps seems to bring out a lot more detail on some parts of the normal maps. This normal behavior?

Duplicated on my machine as well, though my spec_static is like 2.5 or 3 or something.

Offline Aardwolf

IDEA! Make the internal fighterbay use primarily glow maps, so that the lighting doesn't change funny ways as the ship rotates. There's no sunlight that'll be reaching inside, after all, so the diffuse and specular components don't really need to be there. And it's not like you're gonna be firing your weapons or entering subspace while inside the hangar either.