Author Topic: BP: War in Heaven discussion  (Read 913513 times)

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Re: BP: War in Heaven discussion
It's not easy. Conventional weapons will do nothing against it once its hull integrity is 1%. Only a weapon with the "-big damage" flag can destroy it.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Isn't the Archer big-flaged ?
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Isn't the Archer big-flaged ?

I don't think so. The Archer does however use a special weapons flag which was implemented specifically for it. At least it does if I recall right.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
The Archer does have the "huge" flag, so it can be used to kill big ships. It also has the "capital+" flag, which stops the AI from using it against Fighters and Bombers (Which it previously would do, not knowing that the Archer is basically useless against Fighters due to being a "puncture" weapon)
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Delta_V

Spoiler:
How do you even survive ten seconds against the Sathanas in that mission?  It's main guns are replaced by 4 Ultra AAAfs, and each time I've made it jump in, those beams just shredded me.

Also, I'm really looking forward to some bomber missions in WIH2.  I remember reading on the BP website that the Durga was considered "excessive" by the council.  Then when I saw the Vajrahada in the tech room, my first thought was, if the Durga is excessive, then what the hell is this thing? :eek:

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Just right. No such thing as 'excessive firepower'
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
Spoiler:
How do you even survive ten seconds against the Sathanas in that mission?  It's main guns are replaced by 4 Ultra AAAfs, and each time I've made it jump in, those beams just shredded me.

Which mission was this again? I dont remember that in AoA having Ultras......
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Spoiler:

Which mission was this again? I dont remember that in AoA having Ultras......

Start Delenda Est. ~-K the Carthage.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Spoiler:
How do you even survive ten seconds against the Sathanas in that mission?  It's main guns are replaced by 4 Ultra AAAfs, and each time I've made it jump in, those beams just shredded me.

Well you're cheating anyway, so you might as well make yourself invulnerable.

Offline -Norbert-

Spoiler:
But better be fast at if, because the event that makes the Sath appear also deactivated the Invul cheat, if you had it on before destroying the Carthage!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Spoiler:
Should've made it an every-time.  :mad:

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Well at least he didn't assassinate the Elder.

I've just finished playing. It was amazing! Gorgeus! Wonderful and unbelievable achhhhh:D So many entirely new ideas (choosing lines like in RPG's, Luna city, SSM's), so real atmosphere... When Colossus with 80.000 crew blew up I didn't feel death so much l felt when in WiH an ordinary cruiser was destroyed...
And beautiful music, especially in Noemi's diary.
I thought after AoA nothing can match its epicness and playability and now I know that continuation is even better! Despite it's first Freespace mod I had to lower level of graphic details and sometimes even a resolution of screen. Darius, General Battuta, do you realise it'd better and interesting than more of commercial sold games nowadays and has better plot than space opera movies? I'm sure you gave lot of effort into this project.
It would be really hard do VA it, but game deserves it.
In the end I have one tricky question, maybe my dirty imagination has fun of me:
Spoiler:
Are Noemi and Lorna lesbian?:D

Offline Qent

Spoiler:
I thought it was pretty obvious. :nervous:

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Spoiler:

You know, if each of the 16 members of the BP team got a dollar each time this comes up... :rolleyes:
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
.... they could have bought the rights to FreeSpace by now.

Offline -Norbert-

[...]
Take a look here: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=71181.0. You can even participate in the effort to get it voice acted.

[...]
Take a look here: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=71181.0. You can even participate in the effort to get it voice acted.

Unfortunately I don't have much time for it, I have zero experience in VA and I'm not native English speaker so I could dub only Kassim:P But I guess someone is already attached to him:P

Offline -Norbert-

Considering that both the UEF and GTVA are multi-culti accents aren't a problem as long as it's understandable. And since you mentioned Kassim, his deadline was extended just today ;)
And as far as I know, non of the minor roles have been decided yet, with the possible exception of Archer flight, since that has been removed from the script.

And lack of experience shouldn't be a problem either, since at least some of the AoA voice actors didn't do any VA before either (me for example - proud voice of the GTCv Labouchere :D) and WiH has way more roles to fill than AoA had.
And this is only part 1 of WiH....

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
And lack of experience shouldn't be a problem either, since at least some of the AoA voice actors didn't do any VA before either (me for example - proud voice of the GTCv Labouchere :D).

I liked that voice, pretty very signature. Glad to hear the Labouchere is auditioning for WIH.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 12:58:11 am by bigchunk1 »
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.