Author Topic: The Hard Light Productions Installation  (Read 121264 times)

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
Re: The Hard Light Productions Installation
Don't we need, like, an outline and divide it into squares and stuff?
Not really, if everyone keeps to the 200*50 or 50*200 then reworking some of the cells won't be too hard if we want to rearrange it later, also if everyone posts their cell as well as the complete one it makes things easier. :nod:

BTW you can create a bigger portion, just make sure the dimensions are correct.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 06:59:18 am by Maeglamor »

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Yeah, as long as all dimensions stay as multiples of 50 we're okay.
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
Yeah, as long as all dimensions stay as multiples of 50 we're okay.
Indeed, much better way of putting it. :nod:

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control

(complete with Vasudan house band)

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
Nice one Aldo.

It looks like the generator is directly powering the band's equipment. :lol:

You should give the band a banner though:
Machineheadz
Diamondheadz
etc.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 11:39:44 am by Maeglamor »

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Any objections if I move the elevator 200 pixels to the right ? I think it would make more sense if it would be more near the center of the station.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
Any objections if I move the elevator 200 pixels to the right ? I think it would make more sense if it would be more near the center of the station.
As I said the layout isn't final, build whatever you want and we'll rearrange it all later for the best layout. :yes:

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll

Assembly suggestion:

Ideas to get the others going:

- main hangar
- welcome beam gunnery control
- air vents including Carl
- weapon lockers
- all the subforums/hosted projects
- CIC with the admins
- headz storage room
- fishtank
- [sandy]Subspace "transporter" room ;7[/sandy]
- etc., you get the idea
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 02:26:01 pm by Sandwich »
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Windrunner

• The Hammer.
don't forget to add my penthouse on the top ;)

i'll post an image later
Staffmember: Hard Light Productions
I said a lot of things.  Some of them were even true. - Aldo_14

Offline knn

Assembly suggestion:

Ideas to get the others going:

- main hangar
- welcome beam gunnery control
- air vents including Carl
- weapon lockers
- all the subforums/hosted projects
- CIC with the admins
- headz storage room
- fishtank
- [sandy]Subspace "transporter" room ;7[/sandy]
- etc., you get the idea

Cool  :yes:
Whenever I see that I think that bloodstain on the wall is a Predator
hmm... I know just a place for the welcome beam

EDIT: rounded bottom of beam

I don't know why the picture is darker on Photobucket, it's good on my computer... I'll try uploading it somewhere else
EDIT2: Let's try ImageShack... no, it's the same
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 06:04:02 pm by knn »
"Don't try to be a great man, just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -- Zefram Cochrane

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Sorry my contribution is so large, but I just HAD to... ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Stargate, FTW!
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Terran Knossos, mind you. :p
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline knn

Headz storeroom:

Assembly:

:mad: No matter where I host this, it get's darkened. What am I doing wrong??
"Don't try to be a great man, just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -- Zefram Cochrane

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
Email me the original BMP's and I'll sort them out.

Offline knn

Download these png-s, they should be fine. The problem seems to be that they are displayed incorrectly in both FF and IE

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
Yeah, it's working fine, can you post the modified welcome beam one on its own?

Offline knn

Off:

On:

And without FireCrack's powerplant
EDIT: should be fixed, clear your cache if you see a white line on the right edge:

Without the power line

EDIT: fixed a white pixel in the Headz room
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 08:17:43 pm by knn »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Shouldn't the "Help Desk" be "Hlp Desk"?

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
That's awesome. Highlighted. :D
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.