Author Topic: Inferno: Alliance Released!  (Read 120775 times)

Offline Agent_Koopa

• These words make the page load that much slower.
Re: Inferno: Alliance Released!
Hey, I've got problems. In the ship-select screen, the ship icons are not Apollos, they are... um... something else. In the loadout screen, the missiles all look the same, and when a missile is selected the view area is screwed up.
Interestingly enough, this signature is none of the following:
A witty remark on whatever sad state of affairs the world may or may not be in
A series of localized forum in-jokes
A clever and self-referential comment on the nature of signatures themselves.

Hobo Queens are Crowned, but Hobo Kings are Found.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
You didn't select "Use models for ship selection" under the launchers Gameplay section in the features tab.

Offline Agent_Koopa

• These words make the page load that much slower.
Okay, thanks. Why would this have a bearing on the game? I prefer the .ani versions anyway.
Interestingly enough, this signature is none of the following:
A witty remark on whatever sad state of affairs the world may or may not be in
A series of localized forum in-jokes
A clever and self-referential comment on the nature of signatures themselves.

Hobo Queens are Crowned, but Hobo Kings are Found.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
That's the only way or you'll get Mihos for every single fighter.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Okay, thanks. Why would this have a bearing on the game? I prefer the .ani versions anyway.
To produce full ani versions for each ship would of took several months and would result in 100mb+ of files.

Offline ShivanSpS

just 2 questions...

1)i cant simply place all INF: A in a new folder and use the multimod feature to link up to INF SCP for the needed files?

2) There is any problem if I link the INF: A, using multimod to the Media VPS? I think yes or I will lose the most of the  improved effects on SCP. I just asking because the mod.ini dont even name the multimod.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
1. You don't have INF SCP so you can't link it to that. INF R1 isn't compatable with this mod

2. The media VPs won't do much due to the way the mod is designed to work with INF SCP, you might get some changes or you might get crashes or weirdness.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
INF R1 SCP patch is still R1 if that's what you're saying.

Offline ShivanSpS

ahhmm OK... just another one, there is any chance to enable the "Use models for ship selection" only and only for the MOD?, because dint like that in other mod or even retail :P

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Create a shortcut of the build you want to use on your desktop and then add: '-ship_choice_3d -mod INFA' after the filename under target.
That should enable it only for INF:A.

Offline Culando

I just finished INF:A and I'm afraid I must agree with ngtm1r on some things. I don't so much have a problem with the models as I do with the missions. I didn't expect much from the first mission or two, but when I played more and saw more of the same...I was disappointed.

The missions are uninspired. Little to no story involved. Just go in, blow stuff up for a little while, and return home. There are no phases to each mission, never anything unexpected. You protect your capital ship or you blow up an enemy base or something, then once that is done, the mission is over. A few of them last only a handful of minutes. Often there are only 3 total wings involved in the entire mission. And once those wings have emptied, the mission is over.

Despite how polished the missions are...they just aren't very interesting. They're like missions you'd find in a demo for a mod. Well made enough to stand, but simple enough to make in a short amount of time. I hope that future releases from this mod team have more thought put into the missions.
The boy who cried project.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
One of the drawbacks on doing the entire mod solo was a more basic mission design unfortunately. Especially for the amount of time spent on the entire mod (about 5-6 months starting from scratch)

This wasn't an INF Team effort, since they weren't here to work on it, full development from the story, mission design, as well as building all the new ships was done by me alone.

As for improving the missions, once I get the standalone mod version working I'll be redoing the campaign for that modpack, with additional help this time I hope :)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Will this be like a full overhaul or just a few tweaks here and there?

And how about a Inferno FS1 Campaign set outside Sol including some of the Shivan stuff in the MOD... Just a mini-campaign, hell, Mobius could do it in a week. :P

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
For the INF:A campaign? full overhaul of the current missions if I get the freders to do so. Though this version is for the INF standalone project as I'm making massive changes to how the mod operates
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,44281.0.html
I'm currently ripping out the current weapons and restoring FS1 weapons and adding new ones.

Well you know that there's an additional fleet pack for the current INF:A still to be released, and the INF:A standalone will have a slightly larger selection of Vasudan and Shivan mods than the original fleet pack, which are also fully compatable with the FS Port.

Offline Centrixo

i wouldnt mind a complete overhaul, the whole hog like the protologue of WC:S.

i can imagine it would look absoutly fantasic, with the quality of what woomeister could do i have absoutly no doubts woomeister along with a few other design master geniuses could make this a great one, along with 40 odd missions including something behind enemy lines, like SOC on fs2.

i wouldnt mind helping woomeister and his crew out beta testing anyday.
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

"You never know what your going to find until you take a look" - Snipes, Fs2.

Terwin Castronenves:"Centrixo, your car is slow, bye bye" *zoom*.
Centrixo:*sigh!* Damn!.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well I have no objections to adding more missions to the first INF:A camapign either, if the ideas come and there's enough freders to do it.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Hey, Mobius... :D

Having LGM on the team would prolly speed things up.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I'm here. Give me the texts and a basic scheme(even made with Microsoft Paint)and I can design a mission quickly.
The only thing I want is not being leaved alone, inventing everything by myself. I'm a bit in trouble with Steadfast for this reason...

But I want the "I" icon. No "I", probably no party.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Dysko

The only thing I want is not being leaved alone, inventing everything by myself. I'm a bit in trouble with Steadfast for this reason...
What are you complaining about? :p
It's not my fault if the leader cannot FRED :lol:
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Sorry, LGM, but you're not getting a little glowing I next to your name. Project badges have been killed off (where's my MT badge?).