Poll

Who do you favor?

Vasudans
Neo-Terrans

Author Topic: NTF vs Vasudans  (Read 37932 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
It's funny how saving 3 Satis freighters can cause the destruction of the NTD Jacobus, isn't it? :lol:

Well the player failing some of his missions has nothing to do with the Colly.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Im just waiting for this thread to degenerate into more spam so I can lock it.

how is voicing our opinions spam?

There is a difference between voicing your opinion and repeating that opinion 5 or 6 times per person. Don't play dumb with me.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Most of these are not destroyed by the Colossus. There real cause is:

NTC Rightous - GTCv Murakami
NTC Retribution - GTCv Murakami
NTC Vindication - GTCv Murakami
NTD Uhuru - GVD Hedetet
NTD Vindicator - GVCv Hyksos
NTC Cato - Enif Station
NTF Iceni - Self Destruction
NTT Venture - GVCv Hyksos
NTC Epigoni - GVCv Hyksos
NTC Alba - GVCv Hyksos
NTCv Yo****omo - Blockade
NTT Inspiration - GVD Hedetet
NTC Liberty - GVD Hedetet
NTC Undaunted - GVD Hedetet
NTCv Perseverance - GVD Hedetet
NTCv Pax - GVD Hedetet
NTC Loyola - GTCv Monitor

And there are 2 Vindicators. One is the NTC Vindication, multi mission, and the other is the NTD Vindicator, Raptor mission.

You forgot the NTCv Belasarius. The very first demonstration of how much vasudans rock.

You also forgot the NTC Glorious and the NTC Impervious. All 3 were destroyed by the Psamtik.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think it is safe to say that with or without the Collie the NTF were pretty much done for. I mean the Vasudans just keep getting more and more of those superb Hatshepsut destroyers to kick ass....while the NTF main fleet was composed more and more of the aging Orion's . And even those were taken out by the GTVA superior fighter's and bommbers. The Collie basicly put it out of its missery. Oh and that is one seriously huge list ok kills to the Collie's agenda.

When the hell did it get around to do all that damage?

Also i believe that the only reason why the GTVA was not able to crush the NTF sooner was because they basicly using hit- and hide tactics (the NTF i mean) . It is verey hard for you to get a decise victory that way chasing down the enemy tring to figure out where he is etc.
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
I think it is safe to say that with or without the Collie the NTF were pretty much done for. I mean the Vasudans just keep getting more and more of those superb Hatshepsut destroyers to kick ass....while the NTF main fleet was composed more and more of the aging Orion's . And even those were taken out by the GTVA superior fighter's and bommbers. The Collie basicly put it out of its missery. Oh and that is one seriously huge list ok kills to the Collie's agenda.

When the hell did it get around to do all that damage?

Also i believe that the only reason why the GTVA was not able to crush the NTF sooner was because they basicly using hit- and hide tactics (the NTF i mean) . It is verey hard for you to get a decise victory that way chasing down the enemy tring to figure out where he is etc.

Surrender, Belisarius;
DEBRIEFING 3

As officers of the GTVA, we have sworn to protect all citizens of the Alliance. The destruction of both Iota transports is a travesty, pilot. You have disgraced the 53rd Hammerheads, and I will recommend your immediate discharge from the fighter corps.

The Alliance's offensive is now in shambles. Only 25 percent of the Vasudan refugees have been recovered, while the NTF continues to massacre thousands without mercy.

Command reports we have lost the GTD Aeneas, the GTC Coriolanus, and the GVC Mirage. Our efforts to blockade the Alpha Centauri and Sirius jump nodes have failed. The Security Council will order the fleet to withdraw from Deneb and negotiate terms with the NTF.

The Sixth Wonder
COMMAND BRIEFING 1

Enif Massacre

36 hours ago, the NTF launched a full-scale offensive in Epsilon Pegasi, taking the GTVA 6th Fleet by surprise. Commanding his forces from the NTD Repulse, Rear Admiral Koth leads the rebel advance. With 75 percent of our forces in this system decimated, the regional death toll since the incursion now exceeds 80,000.

Unless we act quickly, a decisive rebel victory is imminent.

Into the Maelstrom
DEBRIEFING 4

Though our mission was overall a success, we lost the Avila. The destruction of a single gas miner will not delay the deployment of the Colossus, but our squadron must accept responsibility for vessels lost on our watch. You're in a leadership position, pilot. Ask yourself what you could have done to avoid this outcome, and what you will do in the future to ensure it never happens again.

Our offensive against the NTF has achieved limited success. Only the Colossus has enough firepower to break this stalemate. If we fail, the Alliance will have no choice but to agree to Bosch's demands.

DEBRIEFING 5

The NTF decimated our supply convoys, forcing Command to withdraw the Colossus and postpone our offensive against Admiral Koth and the Repulse. Your convoy lost all three vessels, a dismal failure by any measure.

The news from the capital in Beta Aquilae is not good. Support for a negotiated settlement is growing in the Security Council, even with the Colossus now operational. Opponents of the Colossus program denounce the project as a monstrosity prone to logistical failure. For Admiral Petrarch and the Aquitaine, this outcome could not be more disastrous.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 08:10:48 am by aldo_14 »

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What the......! Mi mind still strugles to comprehend how the NTF outnumbered outgunned and with serious shortages in terms of advanced tech. (i'm refering here to new fighters bommbers etc.) could of brought the GTVA to a stalemate! This is ridiculous. but still if that is what is says then it must be so. I just have serois doubts about how this could of happened. I mean what did the NTF managed to get to its side all the strategical genoiuses of the GTVA or what. that would of letf only complete idiots in charge of GTVA fleets.

Anyway thank god for the Collie. And again that is some serois kill list for the Collie. :D
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline Centrixo

well the reason why could be because people got intellegent off bosch beer and are a army of super intellegent nerds as soon as they drink the beer  :P
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

"You never know what your going to find until you take a look" - Snipes, Fs2.

Terwin Castronenves:"Centrixo, your car is slow, bye bye" *zoom*.
Centrixo:*sigh!* Damn!.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hmmm the GTVA should raid some of their Bosch beer depots and start distributing it through out the GTVA if that is the case. Where can i get a crate of that stuff...i will feed it to....umm...nevermind..one should not have such diaboliacal thought about his own kin. :D
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
I wonder how a ragtag fleet of renegades can almost win against the GTVA. Seriously, is the GTVA really that weak?
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
They aren't a ragtag group of renegades though.  They have at least three systems' worth of resources at their disposal.  Plus they have a brilliant strategic leader.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Actualy come to think of it you are right. They have a milatary genious as thgeyr leader....the GTVA has.....well...the GTVA has the GTVA High Command whicha makes all the decisions. So it's no wonder they managed to get themselfs to stalemate with an inferior enemy both in terms of sheer firepower technology and numbers.

I wonder if it was actualy GTVA Command mistakes that made the NTF seem so strong!
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
What the......! Mi mind still strugles to comprehend how the NTF outnumbered outgunned and with serious shortages in terms of advanced tech. (i'm refering here to new fighters bommbers etc.) could of brought the GTVA to a stalemate! This is ridiculous. but still if that is what is says then it must be so. I just have serois doubts about how this could of happened. I mean what did the NTF managed to get to its side all the strategical genoiuses of the GTVA or what. that would of letf only complete idiots in charge of GTVA fleets.

Anyway thank god for the Collie. And again that is some serois kill list for the Collie. :D

One word - NODES!!!

It's like a trench war, you can hold your ground with lesser forces, since the node itself is a tight spot.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes i get it ! But even so the GTVA should of been able to swarm the NTF ! Also that does not explain how the GTVA managed to loose control of several nodes in favor of the NTF.

GTVA Command is composed oh lobotomised retards who make theyr strategical ecisions based on good hand at poker.

Or they got drunk most of the time on Bosch Beer and made all they decisions half past out. :D

Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Yes i get it ! But even so the GTVA should of been able to swarm the NTF ! Also that does not explain how the GTVA managed to loose control of several nodes in favor of the NTF.

GTVA Command is composed oh lobotomised retards who make theyr strategical ecisions based on good hand at poker.

Or they got drunk most of the time on Bosch Beer and made all they decisions half past out. :D

Not really. Remember the NTF had the advantage of surprise - and an admiral who probably had control of the defenses of several systems' nodes.  Once the first group of 'core' systems was taken - and likely with minimal losses - the NTF had the advantage of being able to stalemate GTVA assaults on their nodes whilst building up resources.  Not to mention any defections within the GTVA itself, of course, or insurgency style tactics disrupting GTVA operations in their own systems.  And, also, the NTF didn't need galactic but regional superiority - the GTVA still has to assign ships to defend the entire alliance, and (given the defections) would need to bring in an effective replacement fleet whilst still maintaining a reasonable defence.  Moreso, the GTVA would need to devote resources to manage the flow of thousands of Vasudan refugees - and to manage them well, given the political schisms created by the rebellion. Finally, there's a possibility that the GTVA would be forced through political necessity to take a more risky and costly offensive strategy than an 'ideal' one.

Of course, anyone who suggests 'swarm' as a military tactic against an entrenched opponent controlling chokepoints, is an idiot.   Especially in a war where public opinion is key; the more GTVA dead, the more inclined parliament is to negotiate a ceasefire - ala Vietnam.

uh, did you not see the list of ships the NTF had? I think thats a brutally powerful force to take out, it would still take them a lot longer if it wasnt for the colossus, but their death was inevitable because of their suicidal tactics. Had they have had more conservitive tactics I would think they would be a much more powerful, and probably more defects to the NTF.

Offline Centrixo

yes the GTVA is formed of retards but dont forget even a retard has a brain. the GTVA like today in the usa and a few other countries, you got the governement bickkering about what to do about veitnam, lets put it like this for the moment, veitnam is the NTF and the GTVA is well usa, canada, australia, uk.

now you got a great stratiest who is bosch who is the gruilla leader in the veitcong, hes the most powerful on the enemy side then got the GTVA leaders who put it this way are bickkering amoung themselves to decide what to do, this just puts the GTVA at a serious disadvantage already because there is no stability from higher up, meanwhile on the enemy is concerntrated and waiting with several plans and several more continency plans, just incase things start sliding backward, now without the main weapon from the GTVA the collosus meaning the b42 bombers, the gtva cant really do much in term of anything except fight. several months down the line and bosch has several key positions in the war wrapped and several cities keyyed in then, he then gets pushed back, then they push the the GTVA back with plan b, and key the cities back this time plan b is working, the GTVA is getting cut to pieces quickly and without the Collosus (b42 bombers) this war is heading to the NTF (veitcong).

and in the same war with the b42 bombers, all the GTVA needed to do is to chop off there hands. send some covert ops in and bomb the key recruiting grounds, weapons factories, and sniper the key leaders before the veitcong could of responded, then send the main guns of the GTVA in and destroy the rest, NTF easily dealt with.

that atleast how i see the battle against the NTF   
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
GTVA High Command is not a retard. He is an evil genius who is going to get control of ETAK.

Offline Centrixo

that etak device, i wonder what evil the GTVA will do with that device  :mad2:

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Of course, anyone who suggests 'swarm' as a military tactic against an entrenched opponent controlling chokepoints, is an idiot.

Digs up Field Marshal Haig for Aldo to have a go at him too :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

chances are the vasudans are not gunna let the etak device be used. :P