Author Topic: Forum game: Rules/Discussion  (Read 163091 times)

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
The main cannons on the Warrior and Inflexible had both unexpectedly shorted out during firing tests

The highlighted bit I found funny just for one of the names you chose. Inflexible. That which does not bend is all the easier to break. And it broke... :)

Bit late to respond to this, but anyway...

Well, sometimes it's better to stand tall and be broken by the enemy's strength than to bend and submit. Such an attitude would be particularly fitting for the CRF. Not that ships' beam cannons breaking is directly connected with their names' symbolic flexibility, but whatever.

Also, since both our characters are CRF, would you be interested in having some sort of personal connection between them for RP purposes? Gone to the academy together, or something.
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Offline Lorric

Re: Forum game: Rules/Discussion
The main cannons on the Warrior and Inflexible had both unexpectedly shorted out during firing tests

The highlighted bit I found funny just for one of the names you chose. Inflexible. That which does not bend is all the easier to break. And it broke... :)

Bit late to respond to this, but anyway...

Well, sometimes it's better to stand tall and be broken by the enemy's strength than to bend and submit. Such an attitude would be particularly fitting for the CRF. Not that ships' beam cannons breaking is directly connected with their names' symbolic flexibility, but whatever.

Also, since both our characters are CRF, would you be interested in having some sort of personal connection between them for RP purposes? Gone to the academy together, or something.

I'm open to the idea. What do you have in mind?

Offline Lorric

Veers, where are you going? I just saw your move. You can do whatever you want, but if it was me, I would use Zeal on the first turn, and arrive in Hydra on the second. I'd want that permanant stat boost and the clock ticking on when I can get another one immediately. There are plenty of other fleets near you, why not let them take that path and you go to Hydra?

Offline Lorric

Hi Veers.

The code option makes me have to scroll side to side and down to read the text.

Perhaps you could do it this way instead if you want something like this?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 09:47:04 pm by Lorric »

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
Nice to see all the RP going on. Things should really heat up once the shooting actually starts.

Lorric, let's say that our characters went to the CRF's naval war college together and collaborated in a pirate-hunting operation a few years before the war's start, with a sort of friendly rivalry going on.
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Offline Lorric

Nice to see all the RP going on. Things should really heat up once the shooting actually starts.

Lorric, let's say that our characters went to the CRF's naval war college together and collaborated in a pirate-hunting operation a few years before the war's start, with a sort of friendly rivalry going on.

Yes, I've been working on my own opening RP entry as well.

You can try putting up something about this and I'll try and bounce off it if you like.

Offline Veers

I put it in the code tags simply to save space. Not cause I like green (on my phone it looks fantastic though!).

As if I didn't it comes out as several paragraphs long. I wrote too much again. :/
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Putting it in code tags makes it really hard to read. Better to just put it in a normal post.
No need to save space, we've got quite a lot of that here.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Lorric

I wrote too much again. :/

No, no, I liked it! Don't go feeling all TL DR, it wasn't TL DR for me. There were a few typos and such in there, and of course you'll have to change it now that your game plans have changed, but I enjoyed reading it. I want to see more. Let your creativity out. Have fun! :nod:

Offline Veers

Few typos could be spelling, Australian English vs American English. But I haven't really checked, ran straight off to work instead.

Like your idea of the comradeship between Lepanto, could become very interesting later on. But I certainly see no end to the enjoyment that is starting to come from this thread (game) :D
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Lorric

I certainly see no end to the enjoyment that is starting to come from this thread (game) :D

And we haven't even got started yet!  :lol:

I said it before further back in the thread, and I believe it even more now, this could turn into something really special.

It's great to see so many creative people at play. A very pleasant surprise how many are getting into the RPing and the quality of their writing.  :yes:

Offline Lorric

Oh wow. I am seriously impressed, Lepanto!

I need to be going to sleep soon, so I'll address this properly tomorrow. I'll send you a PM to see how you want to do this. You surprised me a lot. Oh, feel free to message me any time you want before then if you want to tell/ask me anything.

You've made me out to be some sort of super-admiral, so by the time your fleet gets to the front, if I'm half as good as you say I am, I'll have cleaned everything up! :D

But yes, I like very much what you did with me.

Offline Lorric

So Flak, you've decided to RP Andrew's mercs? Oh, now this is a very interesting development, you see the next entry I've been cooking up... well, you'll see in time...  :D

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
I've done RP in the past (long, long past). I just don't feel like it right now. :p
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline Lorric

I've done RP in the past (long, long past). I just don't feel like it right now. :p

For me, this is new and exciting! I've done RP stuff before, either with cooking stuff up in games I've played myself, or two player with a friend, but never a group thing like this.

Offline Lorric

Spoon, a question for the future, what rank would you give someone who was in command of a group of roughly 5 or 6 capital ships within a fleet? I don't know much about ranks, it's something I'll need for later.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Try "Commodore"
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Lorric

Try "Commodore"

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll see if Spoon has anything to say about it, but otherwise I'll go with Commodore.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Commodore sounds about right.

Due to some unforseen events, the next turn has been delayed one day. So its going to be tomorrow (thursday) instead of today.
Sorry about that.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Lorric

Commodore sounds about right.

Thanks. Commodore it will be.

Due to some unforseen events, the next turn has been delayed one day. So its going to be tomorrow (thursday) instead of today.
Sorry about that.

We are the 2nd CRF. A band of brothers and sisters, united in vision and purpose and will. And our enemies will see that. And they will be afraid.   

Clearly the hierarchy are cringing in fear before the 2nd CRF...  ;)