Author Topic: Wing Commander 6: The Undiscovered Release Date (Star Citizen Thread)  (Read 587510 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Re: Wing Commander 6: The Undiscovered Release Date (Star Citizen Thread)
That's horrifyingly amusing.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Does SC support pets and agriculture yet?
Of course not, it's been promised, though.

https://imgur.com/r/starcitizen/BhUxp

Have they sold pictures of Space Crop Dusters yet?
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Firesteel

• Some Kind of Writer
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • YouTube Channel

"Traveling through hyperspace ain't like dustin' crops boy"

Maybe they'll get the space crop dusters done before the rest of the game.
Current Projects:

- Video Critiques of Freespace
- Re-learning FRED

Maybe they'll get the space crop dusters done before the rest of the game.

I hope so! Elseway all players have to starve!

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
I hope so! Elseway all players have to starve!
I'd consider that a win.
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
How do people keep FALLING FOR THIS ****.
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

For my part, I'm watching trash movies quite regular. Makes me laugh and enjoy the good stuff more.

Besides that, it's quite entertaining to read. :D

Offline CT27

For my part, I'm watching trash movies quite regular. Makes me laugh and enjoy the good stuff more.

Besides that, it's quite entertaining to read. :D

MST3K:  Star Citizen?

Kinda, the German version of that is called SchleFaZ (worst movies of all time). :D But the difference is that even though the cinematic guys know nothing about making good movies, they atleast managed to release something.

Given my own history of not managing to get stuff finished, I'm somehow happy to see that the professionals can screw up as well... :drevil:
Unless they're doing that on purpose and put the 200mio$ (or a part of it) into their own pockets somehow, what would make constantly defining new goal probably more profitable than to actually release the game. Dream marketing so to say.

Offline CT27

A. Oh, that's a name I haven't heard for a long time. After having fought him in court for 14 years, I decided the best way to get rid of him was to give him the project lead for this Star Citizen thing. At first, he was excited, and told everyone how he would make everything better. Luckily, we managed to dump all our open bills on him as well. Due to this twist of fate he was the one being blamed for the terrible things that happened and the catastrophic shape the world is currently in. By the way, if you've seen Mr Smart, tell him that I'm sorry for nothing... and call the police, or somebody else to finish that job...

Q.  Mr. Roberts, one more question if I may...with the world in the state that it is and with your personal wealth that you have acquired over the years...have you considered expanding your businesses beyond Earth?  Could we see Roberts Industries on the Moon or Mars someday?

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
How many of star citizens boxes has this ticked?

Asking for a friend....
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Q.  Mr. Roberts, one more question if I may...with the world in the state that it is and with your personal wealth that you have acquired over the years...have you considered expanding your businesses beyond Earth?  Could we see Roberts Industries on the Moon or Mars someday?

A. Hahahahaha, no. Not really, that would be really expensive to do actually. But it's interesting that you ask - it's just that as a master of illusion, I really have better ways to do this.

Q. And those would be...?

A. I wanted to make use of what the original Star Citizen project left behind and create a true space simulator. The player will feel like a real astronaut, with the same duties - several hours of advanced research and workout everyday - and a realistic display of relativistic time dilation and travel time. The journey to the moon will take only 3 days, and the one to Mars is estimated to take only 5 months for one way - it's a bit shorter than I thought but I think it still counts as realistic. That way the player can feel almost exactly like a real astronaut landing on the Red Planet! I can very well imagine that many players would be willing to pilot a regular shuttle after a couple rounds to distract themselves from reality.

Q. Wow. Something releasable coming out of Star Citizen...! Does that... does that mean you want to resurrect Star Citizen!?

A. I'm playing with the idea to do so. It's nagging me that I left it unfinished. Sure, I could say "It made me rich, the rest didn't work out" but that's not me. Also, as much as I hate Mr Smart, some of the ideas he had for the project were simply too good to be wasted; in particular that he added these alien species he named... ehm... something like Zods and Shivs, not sure anymore. And he wanted to have a supernova! In-game!

Q. Oh my God! But with the experience from the initial take on it, wouldn't it be more likely that you rather finish the world than Star Citizen?! The costs-

A. I understand your fears. But the economy will be alright soon. During the initial project, we started to implement an economic simulation model into SC that was able to predict the consequences of every buisness action better than any other before. But since we ran into a tough bug that caused the game to crash at the worst possible point - right after the morning coffee - we were never had the time to finish it; hence the bankrupt of our company... While I'm a huge fan of realism, maybe in retrospective our failure was that we tried to put the reality into a game, instead of simply adapting reality to the game. One way or another, remember my words - once the economy has recovered, there'll be a second take on Star Citizen!

Offline wookieejedi

• Intensify Forward Firepower
There should be a new stretch goal that will add in gaming into the SC Universe. That way when I get bored with the monotony of playing the immersion I have an escape in game...

So what you're suggesting is that for another $280 million, they might make a video game?  Sign me up!

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Beautiful
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Zombieblonde is best girl.

Zombie x Drunk'n'Drugs x Mentally disturbed. How many games have such a complex characterdesign. Awesome.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1053666019816980480.html
limited supply of digitial jpgs

It consistently amazes me that Derek Smart, of all people, is a voice of reason on this thing.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
We're living in the weirdest timeline.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Maybe that's it.  WE are the ones in the Mirror Universe.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]