Author Topic: Looking for a Post-Capella Vasudan Interceptor  (Read 2987 times)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Looking for a Post-Capella Vasudan Interceptor
There's been lots of really great stuff coming out recently, especially Vasudan bombers and assault fighters. But I'm surprised to see that there haven't been too many high-poly Vasudan light fighters.

The GVF Anouke has better textures but I like Aldo's old models too: GVF Apis, GVF Heset, and GVF Khepri. Unfortunately they're all rather dated.

What's the definitive next-generation heir to the Serapis and Horus?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 11:50:49 am by Galemp »
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Re: Looking for a Post-Capella Vasudan Interceptor
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
I love the Nhu and will be using it as intended, alongside the Duat. But it's not really interceptor material. I'm also using the Shu as a space superiority fighter.

Of the Inferno pack, they're all great, but I really dislike the Ennead despite it being a  :v: design. Nothing else really fits the speed and agility profile the Horus and Serapis do.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
just the ship for you:
http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/VRC_Inpu

or maybe:
http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/GVF_Reshef
don't know if my htl model of that one is up to your standarts, but it ain't all bad i'd say
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Sorry, but I really dislike the Inpu... And the Reshef is definitely an assault fighter, not an interceptor.

I guess there isn't anything public that hasn't been added to the Wiki.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 09:16:10 am by Galemp »

Offline Cyborg17

• Life? Don't talk to me about life....
Did you look at the GVB Petbe that was posted by Betrayal?  I feel like it could be an interceptor.

Offline wardog300k

• I'm a FREDder
Why not just take a Horus, multiply its gun mounts by two, add another secondary bank, tweak its table a bit and boom! You have a perfect interceptor fighter that will simply die if it goes against even a  Fenris Aten!
Crush the NTF-Conflict Zone
One last war, one last hope, one last survival-Final Destination On Delay
Set free from the GTVA-Liberation Wars On Delay

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
The Corybant from the ASW3 dump could be adapted a bit to look more vasudan:

(I'm just putting it here because I think it's a shame this model is not used somewhere)

Offline fightermedic

wow, never did see that one, it looks awesome!
>>Ships created by me<<
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Did you look at the GVB Petbe that was posted by Betrayal?  I feel like it could be an interceptor.

I'd actually considered making that a stealth fighter!

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
Looked at the Seshat or the Mihos? They're both good quality (though idk if either is the aesthetic you want), and they have a decent light-fighter look that could be interceptor-y. (Actually the Mihos looks like it could be a bomber if scaled up... idk)

The Hesat is a bomber, but the pic makes it look like it could be much smaller/faster... might just be the angle. Though I've never found its design particularly Vasudan-looking :/

The Corybant from the ASW3 dump could be adapted a bit to look more vasudan:
*snip*
(I'm just putting it here because I think it's a shame this model is not used somewhere)
Hey, glad to see someone actually found this one :) IIRC the model has been fully UVed and AO-baked; unfortunately freespaceking went MIA before he had a chance to make actual textures.

It doesn't look very Vasudan though IMHO (what with the tentacles out the back...), for that purpose it would have to be modified indeed.

Offline fightermedic

i've started to texture it vasudan style :) let's see how it turns out
>>Ships created by me<<

Hey Folks!  ;)

I did this many moons ago and would let anyone use the 3D model. Having said that, I'm not so sure it's useable as this was one of my early tries at doing 3D modeling.

All the best,
Jadehawk

« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 09:32:36 pm by Jadehawk »
Got Shivans? The SOC Ezechiel is the schnitzel! Don't leave base without it.