Author Topic: TBP 3.7.3 Released  (Read 29075 times)

Changing the language to English leads to this

https://fsnebula.org/log/5ed281becb0d3321b0c98669

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Changing the language to English leads to this

https://fsnebula.org/log/5ed281becb0d3321b0c98669

That's an issue with the FSO build you are using - let me check with someone on the Linux-Knossos-side of things

EDIT - Explainer:
The line in gamesettings.tbl it's complaining about is a feature of FSO 19.0+ builds (which would be the same as 3.8.1+); you are running the 3.8.0 build

EDIT2: FSO 19.0 is released for Linux
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 11:13:01 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

It seems to much more...easy...

I had an unrecognized command line parameter "-sxaa" (or something). After removing it from the default line it works now.

Thanks

Offline emi_100

• www.artstation.com/emimartinez
sorry guys, real life work has take over me.. I'll back in when I can with the updates models/textures.
Stay safe! :)
DEDICATED TO ALL THE
PEOPLE WHO PREDICTED
THAT THE BABYLON
PROJECT WOULD FAIL IN
IT'S MISSION.

-------FAITH MANAGES------
  • Normal Maps for -The Babylon Project-
  • "Battle at ..." (Campaign) You can't choose when, but you will choose where... and you will fight! GO NOW!
  • "One Mistake" (Third Space Campaign)
  • "Each Night I Dream of Home" (Crusade Single Mision)

Stay safe man! :)

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Hey, still going here? Cool.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline wesp5

Hey, still going here? Cool.

Indeed we are! And your brilliant Shadow mini campaign is part of the main mod now :)!

sorry guys, real life work has take over me.. I'll back in when I can with the updates models/textures.
Stay safe! :)

I managed to get your Thunderbolt model working in game.  It's a nice improvement.  I'd love to get the new Hyperion with name plates for different ships.  (that link expired)  One of things you mentioned was creating a Starfury cockpit.  There are many people who would love to see that.  I think it would add a lot to the immersion.  Implementing one in the table files is the easy part.  Having a cockpit from a Starfury modeled is the hard part ;)

Offline emi_100

I managed to get your Thunderbolt model working in game.  It's a nice improvement.  I'd love to get the new Hyperion with name plates for different ships.  (that link expired)  One of things you mentioned was creating a Starfury cockpit.  There are many people who would love to see that.  I think it would add a lot to the immersion.  Implementing one in the table files is the easy part.  Having a cockpit from a Starfury modeled is the hard part ;)
Nice! love to see some pics of the Thunderbolt ;)
I'll load the hyperion PSD texture ASAP.
DEDICATED TO ALL THE
PEOPLE WHO PREDICTED
THAT THE BABYLON
PROJECT WOULD FAIL IN
IT'S MISSION.

• "Battle at ..." (Campaign) You can't choose when, but you will choose where... and you will fight! GO NOW!

Nice! love to see some pics of the Thunderbolt ;)
I'll load the hyperion PSD texture ASAP.

Thank you!  I have the original PSD in the model file but it's missing the glow maps (lights on the hull registry / name etc)  I was going to try and recrate that, but if you already have it done....

Offline emi_100

Thank you!  I have the original PSD in the model file but it's missing the glow maps (lights on the hull registry / name etc)  I was going to try and recrate that, but if you already have it done....
I attached what I have. I think are the same files.

[attachment deleted to save space]
DEDICATED TO ALL THE
PEOPLE WHO PREDICTED
THAT THE BABYLON
PROJECT WOULD FAIL IN
IT'S MISSION.

I attached what I have. I think are the same files.

Thank you for that.  Yes they were the same ones that were in the model archive already.  If you don't mind me taking a swing at it, I'll try and get the glow maps adjusted to illuminate the hull registry etc.  And if anyone has any good reference shots of the Hyperion/Midwinter point me that way :)

Offline emi_100

Thank you for that.  Yes they were the same ones that were in the model archive already.  If you don't mind me taking a swing at it, I'll try and get the glow maps adjusted to illuminate the hull registry etc.  And if anyone has any good reference shots of the Hyperion/Midwinter point me that way :)
Sure! do all the change you want.

Here you go

DEDICATED TO ALL THE
PEOPLE WHO PREDICTED
THAT THE BABYLON
PROJECT WOULD FAIL IN
IT'S MISSION.

Nice shot.  And thank you.

Offline den5

http://b5scrolls.com/M-Hyp.mp4

That's freaking awesome.  Thank you!

Hyperion WIP shot:

I've got the maps working well I think and I'm starting to work on the name plates.  This is one of two in the Severed Dreams mission.

For the Midwinter variant, I've removed that barrels from the side turrets and limited the range of the firing point.

[attachment deleted to save space]

Offline emi_100

looking really nice
DEDICATED TO ALL THE
PEOPLE WHO PREDICTED
THAT THE BABYLON
PROJECT WOULD FAIL IN
IT'S MISSION.

looking really nice

Thanks, you did all of the work.  That maps weren't that difficult.  You didn't happen to have a variant for the Midwinter did you?  And I'd like to add debris models too.  But that aside, just some editing of LOD's so that it doesn't appear to change too close to the ship and I think it's about ready for integration.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Is there any reason any of the stuff on your release threads shouldn't be in the next TBP release? Cause it looks pretty awesome to me.

Although there does seem to be some contention about the HUD.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]