Author Topic: Wing Commander 6: The Undiscovered Release Date (Star Citizen Thread)  (Read 269328 times)

Blue Lion and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: Wing Commander 6: The Undiscovered Release Date (Star Citizen Thread)
If you decide that at one point in development, all (or a number of) known bugs have to be fixed to make a release it's taking more time as it somewhat interrupts the working process.

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
Well the releases are buggy as hell anyway and I thought that even during normal development you would have to make a "release" internaly to see if you are going in the right direction, see if the basic things of the game actualy work and play your own game.
So I never thought it would make that much of a differance.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

It's just my personal guess actually with what I've seen here on HLP. Of course you fix things while doing normal development and work continues but if you constantly tell people "OK, drop what you're working on, we need to do these things first so we can throw out another release" it's slowing down everything. O'course you can say it's lightyears difference but CI doesn't seem to be that "professional" when it comes to development either.