Author Topic: FreeSpace Port 3.5 + FSPort Media VPs Release!  (Read 53384 times)

Offline Antares

• Author of The Shivan Manifesto
Re: FreeSpace Port 3.5 + FSPort Media VPs Release!
I'm running into some weird timing issues with the latest version of Last Hope. I haven't tested it extensively, but it looks like your mission progress is scripted to follow how much of the Shivan attack force has been destroyed, while the pace of the Hope's repairs is determined by the actual mission clock. The mission itself isn't particularly difficult, as it requires no micromanagement (simply tell your wingmen to defend the Hope at the start and they'll take care of themselves from then on), meaning that you can blaze through all of the Shivan attack waves in a relatively short amount of time and meet your relief force long before the Hope has finished its repairs. This does nothing to halt the progress of the campaign or stop you from completing the mission, but it does appear to throw your objectives out of whack, as the "Defend the Hope" objective won't register as being completed.
We have returned to continue our purification of this galaxy. It is again your turn to be crushed beneath the great force that is the Antaran army. All your petty squabbling with the other beings in this galaxy is meaningless. The Antaran fleet will destroy you all, one by one. You may not surrender. You cannot win. Your only option is death.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
  • Administrator
    • Goober5000 Productions
Oh, actually, that directive was added for the FSPort - it doesn't exist in the original FS1 mission.  I've fixed it so that it will become true when the goal does, and this fix will appear in the next FSPort release.

The timing is exactly the same as it was in the original mission.  I assume Volition wanted to give a sense of an ongoing repair, even after the attack was over.

Offline AV8R

Is there an approximate date of release for the next FSPort version (3.6?) that will be compatible with the newly released MediaVPs (4.0.x)?

Edit: I'd like to pare down my MediaVP tree be finally being able to delete the 2014 MediaVPs from my drive.  :p

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
  • Administrator
    • Goober5000 Productions
I had hoped to get to it over Thanksgiving, but things didn't work out.  I'm pretty booked through the end of the year, unfortunately.  But I'm fairly confident it will be ready by the end of January.