Author Topic: Wing Commander 6: The Undiscovered Release Date (Star Citizen Thread)  (Read 587457 times)

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
Re: Wing Commander 6: The Undiscovered Release Date (Star Citizen Thread)
In the Prime timeline Star Citizen was released 4 years ago to universal acclaim, President Clinton upheld the Paris agreement and the UK begrudgingly remains in the EU.

And Interplay sold the FreeSpace rights back to THQ Nordic. V is developing FS3 right now.

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
And Interplay sold the FreeSpace rights back to THQ Nordic. V is developing FS3 right now.

Well, your post was good until this line of horror.  ;)

So i actually still prefer this timeline.
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
In the prime universe Interplay advertised Freespace 2 meaning that it sold enough to keep them afloat. Volition went on to develop 4 other space shooter IPs and plan to finally return to the Freespace universe after a 5 year break early next year.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
In the prime universe Interplay advertised Freespace 2 meaning that it sold enough to keep them afloat. Volition went on to develop 4 other space shooter IPs and plan to finally return to the Freespace universe after a 5 year break early next year.

Hopefully in that timeline it went the original plan, that the knowledge of FreeSpace, Red Faction and Saints Row was used for Descent 4 finally. :D

Maybe in this prime universe Chris Roberts was even able to finish his own vision of Freelancer and Freelancer 2 and his studio was able to release the whole Starlancer trilogy. So there would not be even the need for Star Citizen  :D
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

At first, :v-old: created the FS2 expansion pack, then FS3, FS4, FS5... I think we're at 9 now...

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
FreeSpace: The Ninth Dimension
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator

Well, your post was good until this line of horror.  ;)

So i actually still prefer this timeline.

Well at least it isn't the timeline where it was developed by Derek Smart and published by Chris Roberts. :P

In other news, apparently there's an actual spaceship shop in the SC pre-alpha (it's pre-alpha now because that's what CR is referring to it as). Minus the ships and purchasing of ships of course:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzTecIeunqc

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Wait, so SC's been downgraded? :wtf:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
Not exactly, misleading wording on my part, sorry. CIG and the player base are still referring to it as the "Alpha", but CR referred to it as pre-alpha multiple times during the last citcon, so who knows at this point.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Here's some tl;dr on the current star citizen experience that you can expect from this 200 million dollar masterpiece.

Still good it seems
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline 666maslo666

• Artificial Neural Network
$200 million reached!

Thank you all for your generous contributions :D

Next stop is patch 3.3.5 with planet Hurston, should be out in a week or so with lots of new content. Framerate is greatly improved since last patch, however nothing changed on the crashes and bugs front..
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you are still retarded.

$200 million, you say?  With that amount of money, some video game developers could have made a video game.

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life
$200 million, you say?  With that amount of money, some video game developers could have made a video game.

No kidding.

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
$200 million reached!

Thank you all for your generous contributions :D

Next stop is patch 3.3.5 with planet Hurston, should be out in a week or so with lots of new content. Framerate is greatly improved since last patch, however nothing changed on the crashes and bugs front..
So are we actually at the point where we can start discussing gameplay concepts, like the optimal equipment for particular ship hulls, time-efficient ways to make money, or the best dogfighting tactics?
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Going from 5fps to 10fps is indeed a massive improvement. Double the framerate, ladies and gentlemen.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline 666maslo666

• Artificial Neural Network
So are we actually at the point where we can start discussing gameplay concepts, like the optimal equipment for particular ship hulls, time-efficient ways to make money, or the best dogfighting tactics?

Nope. Come back in two years.

Going from 5fps to 10fps is indeed a massive improvement. Double the framerate, ladies and gentlemen.

40-60 fps on my Radeon 390X at 1080p very high. It is no 144Hz but this is the first patch when I feel framerate is no longer significantly impacting the gameplay.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you are still retarded.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
This seems like an incredibly optimistic estimate.

40-60 fps on my Radeon 390X at 1080p very high. It is no 144Hz but this is the first patch when I feel framerate is no longer significantly impacting the gameplay.
Nah lol, the game completely buckles under any kind of actual action. 40-60fps during peaceful moments with only a handful of commandos on screen says nothing.
Urutorahappī!!

Nah lol, the game completely buckles under any kind of actual action. 40-60fps during peaceful moments with only a handful of commandos on screen says nothing.
You've just got to think positive - 40-60fps during peaceful moments with only a handful of commandos on screen- it's not crashing!! IT'S ALIVE!!!! IT'S ALIVE!!!!! THE GAME MADE FROM BODYPARTS OF A SPACE SIMULATOR, SIMS, AN EGO SHOOTER AND TRADE SIMULATOR IS ALIVE!!!!!

Offline Aesaar

You've been saying crap like this since this thread was started.  You set yourself a deadline for when you'll start being skeptical, that deadline comes and goes, and you find a way to rationalize your continued belief in SC.

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator

At the cost of the game ignoring things outside of a certain range, like the sniper example spoon posted.

They're having a free fly week starting on the 23rd for you masochists out there.