Author Topic: the endless paths of modeling lego ships  (Read 59992 times)

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
Re: the endless paths of modeling lego ships
show some sympathy for the devil:
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline Lorric

You must be having a lot of fun to be pumping out all these ships at this rate! :)

Offline fightermedic

>>Ships created by me<<
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline Lorric

I like this ship a lot. What is it called, Devil?

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Got some knack at model building, didn't you?  :p

Awesome work, looks really good.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Lorric

Oh, that reminds me, I'd also be interested in seeing the lego model of that ship.

Offline fightermedic

i'm sticking so close to the lego models on the last 2 ones that it's almost pointless to show them ;) my lack of creativity is disturbing

the dude has some cool other designs too:
http://flickeflu.com/photos/nxtiberius/interesting

the lego model is titled Blue Devil, so i used Devil as a working title, later i was thinking to name it Tasmanian Devil, but that's just a strange name for a fighter
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 08:11:36 am by fightermedic »
>>Ships created by me<<

Offline fightermedic

finished! it's quite cool indeed  :nervous:

>>Ships created by me<<

Offline Lorric

Thanks.

Well I certainly approve of giving the ship the darker look you gave it compared to the model. I think it looks much better than the model in that regard.

How about Azure Devil?

Makes me think of this smiley: :mad2:

Devil Squadron logo! :D

Hmmm, the Blue Devil is my 2nd favourite out of all those ships, behind the FV7 Renegade.

Offline fightermedic

i feel this sudden urge to rename the ship to "pink kitten"
i have no idea why though

i LOVE team colors ;)
>>Ships created by me<<

Offline Lorric

It doesn't even look bad pink! :)

I like the design but IDK, I think you're hewing too close to the original Lego.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline crizza

Lego ships?!
You could use them in a full blown mod.
Awesome  :nod:

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
This is the awesome looking Freespace 2 ship mods I've ever seen. I plan to use many of your models. The bomber "Venom", Interceptor "Gaia", Space Superiority "Devil", Heavy Assault "Racoon", Stealth/Recon "Stalker", and the Strikebomber "Raptor" are going to be used as the Coalition's (the alliance between the GTVA and the CDF) primary fighters and bombers in my upcoming mod, FreeSpace: Reunited, alongside the Vasudan and Shivan warships, the SFg Beelzeboul, the SDr Imp, the SSP Chakra and the GVCv Mahal. Finish up your work, and I download them for use ASAP.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline fightermedic

I like the design but IDK, I think you're hewing too close to the original Lego.
yes, but it would get worse if i would try to get creative with things, trust me ;)

thanks for all the praise guys :)

texturing the interceptor is in progress:

i think it's going to have an interesting cockpit view with those ringed armes
>>Ships created by me<<

Offline fightermedic

if you are not in love now, you have no heart!
>>Ships created by me<<

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Are they actually some random-googled fan made concepts by various people, or packs supported by Lego corporation? I'm just curions, never seen designs like this before. I want to see Stratum modelled :D! Good job with other models :yes:.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline fightermedic

they are all random finds on various lego related sites
i can tell you, if i would post a picture of every cool lego model i find here, this thread would be 100 pages long already :D
peoples creativity knows no boundaries as soon as they take lego pieces into their hands
>>Ships created by me<<

Each of these ships so fr are brilliant, very good work on each so far, really looking forward to see many more creations occur this way. The more variation the better as well!

Definitely reminds me of the time where I switched my LEGO building themes from medieval towards space ships (as a direct consequence of running into Freespace 1 in 1998 while I was just in my teens), glad to see both united in such a way while feeling like they are natural terran space ships.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline coffeesoft

• Bip Bip
wauu, congratulations about the beauty ships man   :)